Hong Kong Monetary Authority Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Hong Kong Monetary Authority

2.4

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hong Kong Monetary Authority (New York, NY).

Interview

10-minute Skype interview with three interviewers. Interviewers are very friendly and nice. Required to answer different questions in English, Cantonese, and Mandarin. Basic Questions include self-introduction, why HKMA, knowledge about HKMA, computer skills, personal hobby, etc.

MT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Hong Kong Monetary Authority (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process lasts for around 6 moths, with one written test and two rounds of board interviews. The board are friendly, and they test you in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.

Graduat Research Econmis Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hong Kong Monetary Authority.

Interview

Very nice atmosphere. Directors interviewed me. Each asked one question. Allowed to be skype interview. I am happy about the experince. But have not heard back from them yet.

Interview Questions

• How would US trade policy affect capital flows to Hong Kong?   Answer Question
    • When you conduct empirical research, what would you do if you find that the model fit is poor?   Answer Question

Placement Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hong Kong Monetary Authority (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in March 2017.

Interview

3 persons interviews. They are really nice and generally asked you the motivation questions. After that there will be some behaviour questions. No technical questions for interns.
    After the interview, it will be a long wait time, like 3 weeks.

Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Hong Kong Monetary Authority.

Interview

Took around a month to get an interview the 1st round is a Panel Interview. All interviewers are very friendly and professional. The whole interview took around 20-25 mins to finish

Analyst Programmer Interview

Interview

Only one round. They will get back to you in one day if you got hired, but depends on which department. Interview in morning. First introduce yourself in English. Why you apply this post. No difficult questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You could start your placement later and negotiate to end it earlier.

Assistant Economist Interview

Interview

Panel interview with 5 economists/managers, 1 HR. This is the final round interview and I'm not sure whether there will be a written test. I haven't heard from them yet.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hong Kong Monetary Authority (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in April 2018.

Interview

Waited for nearly an hour but interview section only for less than 10 minutes, checked certificates and IDs. Interviewers are friendly but it seems everyone got standard questions and they did not read CV cover letters.

Interview Questions

• Regular questions: Self-introduction. What is HKMA? Why applying HKMA? What department do you want to work as an intern? Tell us about your previous internship. Tell us about case competition you won. The whole intervew is in Cantonese and English.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Hong Kong Monetary Authority (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a panel interview. The interview was conducted in Cantonese, English and Mandarin, but mostly Cantonese. They asked me a lot on company information, so I suggest everyone to do more research before you go to that interview.

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hong Kong Monetary Authority (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in December 2013.

Interview

The HR asked my about my background, several resume question, why HK, why HKMA, and the functions of HKMA. It was not difficult. quite easy interview actually. The interviewer are also easy going and friendly. I got the offer several days after that interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.