Honor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Honor Interview Questions

Interviews at Honor

3.2

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Honor (Austin, TX) in January 2019.

Interview

After applying online via Glassdoor, I received an email from their Recruiter who invited me to schedule some time on their calendar to discuss the company, opportunity, and how my experience applies. Following the initial conversation, the Recruiter reached out to me via email requested that I answer 3 questions regarding how I would proceed with various situations that I would potentially encounter in the role. I replied to her email the following business day with my responses and was then invited to an on-site interview 3 business days later. I met with one of the Managers for half an hour and we discussed the role and my relevant experience in further detail. The final step was a video interview with my would-be Manager the next day. Our conversation went similarly to the chat I had on-site, but seemed to also include slightly more behavioral questions as well as questions to determine cultural fit. I received a phone call the next day from the Manager I initially interviewed with, and in that call an offer was extended. I was provided sufficient time to make a decision, close to a week, as well as the opportunity to shadow a team member for a couple of hours, when I requested to do so.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how your experiences have prepared you for this role.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Honor (San Francisco, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter followed by a phone interview with one of the founders. Interview with the recruiter was great. With the founder, she seemed very aloof and went straight to asking questions. Did not properly introduce herself nor give a background of what she does in the company (or background of the company itself). Answers to my questions were flat and generic such as "we are still working on it."

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Honor (Concord, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Submitted resume online, was contacted shortly after by an internal recruiter. 30 minute phone interview, and was invited to meet with the hiring manager and his team in the Concord office. I met with 2 inside sales representatives and the hiring manager. Standard interview questions plus role-playing. All three of the people I met with were smart and very nice.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Honor.

Interview

Interview was set up for me by an external recruiter/agency I had been working with. Interview was conducted in the office by two people within the department. It was pretty casual and the questions were mostly about my experience.

Accounting Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Honor.

Interview

I applied and a recruiter reached out within 24 hours. She asked for a few times over the next week I was free. I said I was free all week. No reply. I followed up the following Monday and we were able to set up a time. After chatting for maybe 20 minutes she said that she loved my background and would like me recommend me for the next round. No reply - this was over a month ago.

Front End Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Honor in May 2017.

Interview

Very pleasant over the phone, and I really liked talking with one of the cofounders during the onsite. I completed the game board problem and did ok with just the whiteboard. I got stuck on the second problem because I couldn't figure out how to create all the permutations of possibilities. I told the interviewer that the problem wasn't clear and that without any test cases I had a hard time formulating an answer. The response was, "if you couldn't understand the problem based on the information given, we wouldn't be able to collaborate effectively." I was quickly shown the door right before having lunch with the team.

Interview Questions

• - you own a coffee shop and you want to hire the least number of employees, while maintaining at least one person for every day of the week. Each potential employee can work a certain sequence of full days.
      - imagine a Tetris like game board. Move a target piece to a target location   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Honor (Concord, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Had phone interview that lasted about 25-35 min. Then had in person interview with direct manager and one of the founders. Had to simulate a sales pitch in interview.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Honor (Concord, CA).

Interview

I was contacted through LinkedIn by an Honor recruiter. They were hiring for a remote recruiter who would also host 1-2 days a week training classes for the new caregivers in the Sacramento area.
    The process was rather quick, I did an initial phone interview on a Tuesday, had another phone interview early Thursday. Then was asked to drive to the bay area (2.5 hour drive) for an in person interview in concord. And during this interview I will be doing a presentation on the training class. I had less than a day to learn the material to provide to a panel interview, but I did the best I could. I was told I would hear back early the next week and to reach out with any follow-up questions.
    Early the following week came by and no answers to my follow-up email with a thank you note, no response to my follow up questions. Mid-week I received a very generic rejection email from a ‘do not reply’ sender.
    I was not a fit (not sure why), but I was extremely disappointed in the generic ‘do not reply’ email I was sent especially after traveling on such short notice for an interview.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Honor (San Francisco, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

Applied online. Short turn around processed, was notified via email to schedule a 30 min only a few days after application. Scheduled a phone interview with Sr Manager/ Dir of of Talent. on a Tues. Day of Phone INT:Engaged with a lovely Recruiting lead who told me about the history of Honor, direction about the role, culture, mission based approach and concept. We spoke for full 30 min. Seemed to be a very engaging dialogue between both of us. She then stated next steps, she would absolutely follow up with me regarding next steps by end of week. I let several days pass beyond end just heard back. I sent 2 follow up emails and not even a courtesy turn down email.
    As a professional Recruiter with 15+ yrs working for some of the biggest brands, I find this lack of communication very disappointing. Even if I was not a right fit for the role, consideration for candidate experience should always be a forefront of the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience. What type of Roles were you responsible for hiring, How do you partner with Hiring Managers. Why are you interested in Honor?   Answer Question

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Honor (San Francisco, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Interview process was really smooth for a startup of this stage. Communication was hands-on, transparent, and friendly. The overall experience took less than two weeks.

Passed two screenings with design head and design manager. Gave me a clear picture of design's role at the company, some historical references, and great detailed info on the position and current strengths of the team.

I was impressed by the role that their design team plays in health care, have interviewed at a handful of health care companies, and Honor's design representation seems on par with well-funded established companies with good design reputation.

The onsite was well organized and communication about preparation was outstanding. The team put in a lot of effort to make me feel comfortable during the process. During portfolio part some great hard questions were asked. There was a crit and technical conversation, the people all were thoughtful and got a great sense of what i would be like working with them.

The design challenge was hard, but well supported by the design manager.

Overall, the experience was great. They made me an offer I ultimately declined, as I chose to optimize for salary and pace. Any ambitious designer would be lucky to join this team.

Interview Questions

• How do you think about the final stages of life?   2 Answers