Humble ISD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 30, 2017

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Humble ISD

Educator Interview

Interview

I e-mailed a few principals directly about the position that I was applying for. They indicated that I needed to fill put the application online and then I scheduled an interview. Once we decided that I was a good fit for the position they told me to go speak with the Human Resource department to fill out the appropriate paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to handle a violent student?   Answer Question

Paraeducator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Humble ISD.

Interview

Very easy interview process. They called me and scheduled me for an interview. When I got there, it was the principal and 4 other people. It took me by surprised, but I managed to compose myself during the interview. They asked very basic questions. It was a para position, so the questions weren't difficult.

Substitute Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Humble ISD.

Interview

There was no interview process. To be a substitute teacher you have to fulfill certain requirements such as: X amount of college hours or degree, clean background check, recommendation (sometimes) and fill out the application.

Registrar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Humble, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Humble ISD (Humble, TX).

Interview

Met with principal and assistant principal and principal's secretary. Relatively short interview, approximately 20 minutes. Asked various questions about privacy, computer skills, experience working with students and their parents, how to handle sensitive and difficult issues and questions pertaining to organizational skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you would handle a parent that is unhappy in the middle of the front office.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Humble, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Humble ISD (Humble, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

You sit in a conference room with the assistant principal and academic lead teacher. You answer questions about your teaching style and differentiation methods. Also, if you are applying to a coaching position, you meet with the athletic coordinator as well.

Interview Questions

• How do you meet the needs of all the learners in your classroom   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Humble, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Humble ISD (Humble, TX) in August 2009.

Interview

I was asked a specific rack of questions from an interview guide. The conversation was personable and allowed me to provide detailed answers to their inquiries.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle multiple students who became out of control in class?   1 Answer

Negotiation

With a school district, and as a first year teacher, there is no negotiating.

TEA Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Humble ISD in January 2009.

Interview

I completed the online application found on the district website. I sent personal letters of interest and resumes to campus principals. I checked the "Jobs Available" page daily. When a position was posted that interested me, I called the campus principal's secretary to request an appointment for an interview. She relayed the message to the principal. Because my online app was readily available and my credentials had already been verified, it made the process much easier. I treated each person I made contact with by phone or in person as equally important to the future of my career. At the interview each person on the interview panel received a copy of my resume. Although I interviewed for a teaching position, I dressed as though I were seeking an administrator position. When I followed up with thank-you cards, I sent one to the campus principal's secretary for setting my appointment and one to the principal. I asked the principal to also convey my appreciation to each member on the panel for their time and the respectful manner in which I was treated during the interview process.