Hunter Engineering Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hunter Engineering Company Interview Questions

Updated Feb 6, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hunter Engineering Company (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at the North St. Louis location. It started off with a few multiple choice timed tests that were supposed to measure your general intelligence in vocabulary, math, and things that engineers should know. It wasn't like statics problems, it was just like common sense questions.

Interview Questions

• One of the tests was a sheet of paper with about 15 pictures of power tools and other equipment found in machine shops. We were supposed to name each tool and say the purpose of each tool. For example, one of the pictures was of a TIG welder.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hunter Engineering Company (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

I made initial contact with their HR dept by applying online and having a friend who works at the company give my resume and cover letter to HR. They contacted me to schedule an interview at their headquarters in St. Louis, scheduling was very flexible and compensation for gas was provided. Upon arrival, I was sat in an office where I took 3 different tests. The first test was a mental alertness test. Second test was a physics-based mechanical aptitude test. The third test was tool recognition where you were given pictures of tools and you had to name the tool and list its use or function. The first two were timed tests. I was not interviewed by HR but by the engineer I will be working under. He was more interested in previous hands-on experience as well engineering and design experience. I brought a project portfolio which helped a lot in showing my previous projects. None of the typical strenuous interview questions were asked which was a relief. I was supposed to be interviewed by multiple engineers but the others were out of the office. Since I was one of the first interviewers, I was told that I should wait up to two weeks to hear back but I was contacted the next Tuesday (interview was on a Friday) with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer was generous enough to accept without negotiation.

Electrical Engineer Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rolla, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hunter Engineering Company (Rolla, MO) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview is scheduled with an Electrical Engineer over the phone. I got selected for the interview through career fair.Most of the questions are asked from the resume.Need experience with FPGA and Linux as well as image processing

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hunter Engineering Company (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2015.

Interview

The interviews and testing process were very lengthy. It was about an hour each with three different people. The testing was timed, so that was stressful when you are wanting to think logically on each question and there are a lot of questions. It wasn't hard, just consuming.

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hunter Engineering Company in July 2015.

Interview

A brief 20 minute interview with the VP of operations. Phone interview with an outside consulting agency. Skills test. Face to face interview with HR director, Commodities Manager, and VP.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hunter Engineering Company (Irvine, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I Applied online. They called within 1 week to set up interview. Met with the Division Manager for interview. We met at the local training center. The Manager went through a quick history for the company first. Then he asked me about my experience selling to businesses in the past. Then he explained that this was an independent contractor position. He then went over the training schedule and the process to set up your territory. He was very thorough and was upfront on what the job entailed. Very professional. He showed me the training center and the quality products that they were selling.

Interview Questions

• Are you a person that can demo and change a tire each day?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hunter Engineering Company in March 2015.

Interview

All interviews were over the phone. Not very complicated. I also took two tests. One quantitative and the other one was related to engineering. The interviews were not hard, and the tests were very simple.

Independent Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Hunter Engineering Company (Phila, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

The hiring process is lenghthy and can take up to a few months as you will most likely interview with a region manager and divisional manager. You will have to submit to a credit check and then pass a battery of personality tests to see if you have the "right stuff". Even if you are selected to go out to training this still does not guarantee a position. You could be denied a contract even on the last day of the five weeks of training.

Interview Questions

• Will your family be ok without a paycheck for the five weeks that you're in St. Louis?   1 Answer

EE Co-op Interview

Interview

Short phone interview first. Then asked to come in for an aptitude test and another interview on site. Questions were fairly laid back, they were mainly just interested in past projects. The aptitude test wasn't anything you could study for, standard logic IQ test.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hunter Engineering Company (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2012.

Interview

One in-person interview where you take a mechanical aptitude test and pattern recognition test administered by HR rep. Then interview with one or two of the mechanical engineers that you would be working with. It is a very relaxing environment.

Interview Questions

• Elaborate on past job from resume and explain more in-depth what you did there.   Answer Question