IOM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IOM Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IOM.

Interview

Don't bother applying through the website. They received about 300+ applications for one internship and closed the application after two days. Your best bet is to e-mail someone directly and explain why you'd like to intern for them.

Interview Questions

• There is no "formal" interview...it's usually with the person who will be your supervisor, not HR.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got strung along thinking that I would be a consultant. They gave me an internship. When I realized there was a guy interning who was 40+, I also realized how wrong IOM's HR practices are.

National Migration Physician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lagos (Nigeria)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at IOM (Lagos (Nigeria)) in July 2017.

Interview

written for the first stage with 30 mulitple choice clinical questions, top 4 candidates moved to second stage of oral interview. 10 males and 4 females. The advert wrote males are advised to apply.

Interview Questions

• what skills are you bringing to the company, whats the link between TB and migration, relationship between gender inequality and health, any technical skills and what skill is required for the position. Describe how you reacted when your supervisor cautioned you in the past   Answer Question

Program Officer/IOM Ottawa Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IOM (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

I got a call about 3 weeks after I had applied. The interview was scheduled for 4 days later. It was over Skype. Three interviewers asking questions in turns. The interview was mainly in English, but also partly in French. The interview was fairly straightforward and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Previous experiences, as well as task specific questions were asked.   Answer Question

Migration Policy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangkok (Thailand)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IOM (Bangkok (Thailand)) in January 2017.

Interview

Took 3 months from the day the application was submitted until I got called for an interview.
    Took another 2 weeks for the result to come in.
    Started the internship a month later.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about yourself?
      - How would you conduct research?
      - Your interests in migration?
      - Three reasons why I should hire you?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IOM.

Interview

CV and cover letter sent, three weeks later emailed for Skype interview. Conducted Skype for around 40 minutes with three interviewers, then told I had the job one week later. Expected to start job immediately.

Sistematizador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IOM (Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)).

Interview

It was by skype. Three interviewers. I apply for a position but at the final they offer me other that i also had cualifications. The interview was 30 minutes long and they were very friendly. Previusly i did a writting assesment about sistematization of experiences.

Interview Questions

• They asked to me about mi lastest related experience and how i resolve problems.   1 Answer

Facility Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IOM (Athens (Greece)) in October 2016.

Interview

I received a call for the interview to be arranged. The interview was conducted by the Human Resources Officer and the program director. The first questions were about my previous experience and most of the following questions were competency based. After the end of the interview I was told that I will have a reply early next week but I never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in cooperating with different actors such as the government, NGOs,etc   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IOM in July 2016.

Interview

Applied through an external platform for IOM Iraq (not PRISM) and got offered and interview. The interview through Skype was with one Project Coordinator and the researcher I would be assisting.

Interview Questions

• Very simple HR questions (the hardest thing you faced at a job, etc), about my resume and whether I knew certain technical stuff (although no technical questions asked)   Answer Question

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kabul (Afghanistan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at IOM (Kabul (Afghanistan)) in December 2015.

Interview

the first they are describe all about the related project.
    There was 4 person in interview
    1 from HR
    And 3 person was from program
    All of them have a different questions forms there was not written test only interview

Interview Questions

• Why apply for this position?
      How do you know about those people culture which you will worked there?
      What is the project?
      What is reporting?
      How can you solve they problems with comments?   2 Answers

Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nairobi (Kenya)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IOM (Nairobi (Kenya)) in July 2014.

Interview

-questions on qualification of the position
    -how i found out about this particular position
    -personal Interests
    -previous work experience and applicable skills
    -previous volunteer work that I have done
    -how I would use my skills in this position
    -what are some challenges I have faced previously and how I overcame them
    -if considered for this position when I would available to start
    -If i had any other questions that haven't been already answered during the interview process

Interview Questions

• How are you qualified for this position?   1 Answer