ITOCHU Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.8

Data Entry Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ITOCHU (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

The Interview Went pretty quick. HR rep and manager were very friendly. They Made me feel at ease and want to get hired. Other stafff looked happy and that was a good sign to me.

Interview Questions

• Are you ready for a lot of work?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Interview

Send my resume -> paper test -> first interview(one to one) -> second interview(group interview) -> third interview(group interview) -> firth interview(group interview).

The company gets more than 10,000 application for about 100 job opening for new graduate students. The company care more about cultural fit and loyalty to the company rather than skill set.

Contract Logistics Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ITOCHU (El Segundo, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

It was very smooth. My first interview was a phone interview with the hiring agency. He asked me general questions to get to know me better. Once I did that, and he found I was a good fit for the company, he arranged for an in-person interview with the manager of the Logistics Department and a lead staff there. The interview was no longer than 30 minutes, and they went in depth with my resume and asked me questions like "are you in this for the long term?", "what drew you to apply for this position?" and questions about my background (since I was not an International Business major or had any previous experience in Aviation/Aerospace). Once they were done, I called my hiring manager to see how it went, and to review my interview with him. They got in touch with him to let him know their thoughts about me. Once they agreed that I was a good fit, and I accepted, the rest was very fast.

Interview Questions

• Are you in this for the long-term?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable with people around you speaking a foreign language (Japanese specifically), even if you do not understand fully?   Answer Question
    • What drew you to apply for this position?   Answer Question

Trade Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ITOCHU (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

I got contacted after aplying online and got an interview at their London HQ in Liverpool Street. Short interview with usual questions to check backgrounds. It was an interview with two people, one the head of the human resources, and other of the team you would be working with.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work in here? Do you think you would get bored with the job_   Answer Question

Operation Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at ITOCHU (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2016.

Interview

3 to 4 rounds of interview - Many rounds of filtering to the right candidate.

Not easy to get selected - Easy to be removed

Key to be humble and down to earth.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to withstand stress, and a 24 hour standby role?   1 Answer

Business Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santiago (Chile)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ITOCHU (Santiago (Chile)) in June 2015.

Interview

Two Interviews, in english both, questions about interest and stuff. They ask me if i knew anything about energy and mining. The business manager and the general manager were present, and they told me that the most important thing was to know english, and if possible some japanesse or another language.

Interview Questions

• Do you know the company, and if i had seen the website   1 Answer

Negotiation

I advice to get your information right, Itochu is a trading company; because japan exports a lot, but in their culture the trade is base on long term relations, to ensure quality. So this company is focus on keep this relations close, so is important to get the main picture and get informed, also respect and punctuality is mandatory

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Karāchi (Pakistan)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ITOCHU (Karāchi (Pakistan)) in June 2011.

Interview

The hiring process was simple yet difficult. The interviewer (Assistant Manager, Administration & Finance) was not only testing your academic skills, business acumen but personality quotient as well.

Interview Questions

• Do you read newspapers? How good are you at current affairs?   1 Answer
    • Are you aware about various CSR activities/models?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was fair. A candidate applying for Itochu must represent himself very well not only academically but professionally.

Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ITOCHU (London, England (UK)) in October 2010.

Interview

very casual, relaxing

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ITOCHU (Tokyo (Japan)) in March 2009.

Interview

The time of interviews are generally three times. First of all, you may be in interview with your direct superviser and manager. And then, you may be in interview with some directors. Finally, you can have the chance to do with human resource director. You should be ready for the answer why you want to join it and choose that company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join and choose this company?   1 Answer