Imperial Irrigation District Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Imperial Irrigation District Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Imperial Irrigation District

Land Surveying Technicican Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Centro, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imperial Irrigation District (El Centro, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

After submitting the application online, you have to wait about 5 weeks to gt an email to let you know whether you got selected for and interview or not. After receiving the email they schedule your interview within about two weeks. On interview day, a panel of three people do the actual interview. One representative from HR, another one from Engineering and lastly one from the actual department you are applying for.
    Once the interview gets going they take turns in asking you questions related to the topic. I can say that it was an easy interview as well as short.

Interview Questions

• They asked to describe what kind of survey equipment I was familiarized with.   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Centro, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Imperial Irrigation District (El Centro, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Relaxed and comfortable. The organization selects a three member panel to conduct the interview questions with a Human Resources representative that oversees to make sure appropriate questions are asked and everything is above board. The three members of the panel are made up of the hiring supervisor, another supervisor from that same department, and a supervisor from another department.
    The questions are all based off of the job description duties and responsibilities that the public sees when applying for that position. The three panel members each score the answers according to a predefined possible score for each question.

Interview Questions

• What experience do have doing employee performance appraisals.   1 Answer

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Imperial, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Imperial Irrigation District (Imperial, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Phone call, situational questions.

Money

Energy Department Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Imperial Irrigation District in January 2012.

Interview

Situational questions. I think I only got the interview because I was one of the only applicants with a college degree. Don't expect to get hired here if you don't have a connection already. Good ol' boy network with a bunch of local yahoos doing mediocre jobs in positions normally reserved for educated, experienced executives. Kind of sickening seeing the kind of goons and bumpkins who should be digging ditches with executive jobs just because they've been there so long and are buddies/family of upper management.

Interview Questions

• If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?   1 Answer