Intrinsic Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Intrinsic Consulting

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intrinsic Consulting (Framingham, MA).

Interview

3 round interview process over a 2 day span.

First Interview was preliminary and only lasted about 15 minutes with the president of the company. He went over their client and the basics of the position. We talked a lot about my strengths and short & long term career goals.

The second interview was a job shadow and I got a breakdown of the payment and advancement structure. I went with one of the employees to meet with customers and got to see him go through the sale process.

The last interview was after the job shadow. We just went over basic expectations of the job and talked about how this fit with my goals.

Interview Questions

• How does this type of direct sales & marketing benefit our customers and clients?   1 Answer

Marketing/Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intrinsic Consulting (Framingham, MA) in July 2012.

Interview

Interview was quick. I was there for about 15mins, after driving an hour to get there. The building were they are are located is poorly kept. The person holding the interview did not have interview expierence. Wnen I arrived there were other people that were also sitting waiting to be interviewed, lots of them. It seemed unorganized!

Interview Questions

• No Difficult questions. I guess one I always struggle with is why do you want to work for us? I guess because I need a job?   1 Answer

Not a right fit. They lied on the job description, and said it was salary+comm, but later found out during the interview it was all a pyramyd! Sales, work hard, and maybe in a yr you will run your own office?

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intrinsic Consulting (Framingham, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

Greeted at front desk by friendly receptionist and overall feel of office and firm were good initially. However, as the process became more and more in-depth, the big picture seemed like a scheme. One would need to pay for initial costs (driving non-expensable), 100% commision, very few leads for client.

Interview Questions

• How could you contribute to the growth of sales   1 Answer

Difficult to get promoted, lots of traveling with little compensation, large start up capital required

Entry Level Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Intrinsic Consulting (Boston, MA) in November 2011.

Interview

They had me come in, I interviewed with a manager or president I cant remember at this point. He made the company sound great, mentioned that my background was similar to other employees. The receptionist was very friendly.

They had me come back in for a job shadow.

The guy took me out and I got a really weird vibe, like he was really trying to push me into it. He took me to a random street about 30 minutes away and started going into business that he has "leads" in. After a couple hours of being walked up and down the street in heels I had had enough and asked to be taken back. The guy acted like it was totally normal for a person on their second interview to leave half way through.

100% commission pay(which I think is not acceptable because in sales it can take a while to generate leads)

No travel reimbursement

Interview Questions

• why are you interested in sales?   1 Answer

I got a weird feeling that there was just something off about the company.

Maybe it was the off hand comments that managers made with their doors open, or the frustration I saw during my shadow, or the fact that the "lead" sales man I met with had been there only 6/7 months.

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intrinsic Consulting (Boston, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview questions were pretty basic. They asked about my education and my interest in consulting, my team skills etc.They asked me why I wanted to work in Boston, if I would be able to relocate. I had two interviews that were one-on-one. Then I did a group interview scenario with employees and other job applicants.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intrinsic Consulting (Framingham, MA) in July 2011.

Interview

I did not live in the are when I first received a call for an interview, and they told me to call a few days in advance to schedule an in-person interview...They won't schedule it farther in advance from that. The first day I went and talked to one of the mangers--it lasted about 10-15 minutes. He asked a lot of different questions: strengths and weaknesses, what do you like to do for fun, why you would be a good fit, etc. The "interview" was more of like a conversation, and he took notes on my answers. He did not really speak on the responsibilities of the position, so I was left with a question mark of what the role was like. Make sure to ask this before you leave!

They called me later that day and asked if I would come in for a day of shadowing. I went in the next day, and while I shadowed an employee for a 9-5:30ish job, it was still supposed to serve as an interview for me in whether I could handle the position. My day consisted of going store-to-store asking whether their Verizon products were up to date, etc. This is a cold calling face-to-face sales position. You have to be okay with rejection, and being on your feet all day long. They do not have their own office space for the representatives, but more of 1 room where they congregate at the beginning and end of the day...Otherwise you are out in the field all day long.

The final step of the interview was at the end of the 2nd day. I met with the other manager and we went over everything that I had been through. They are looking to hire immediately, so they asked when I would be able to start if they chose to hire me. Overall, the people working there are young, recent graduates most likely, and super friendly. But, this sales position can prove to be quite tiring. And it is based on commission only, no base pay.

Interview Questions

I do not like the nature and responsibilities of the job.

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intrinsic Consulting in December 2011.

Interview

Applied online and got a phone call from the HR a day later. I could see they were in need of people to hire as there were numbers of candidates waiting at the seating area waiting. Filled out the basic info sheet and went in for the initial 1:1. Basic questions, "describe yourself," "what would your close friends say about you," "how are you working in a group," or "why do you think you are a good fit."