Inwood House Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 4, 2017

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Inwood House

Social Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Inwood House in January 2016.

Interview

The interview felt pretty unprofessional. There were some very personal questions, although in my opinion this made the interview more interesting than most. It felt like an awkward conversation at a party, talking to someone with loose boundaries. The interviewer also asked me what the agency should do about the hiring process, because some candidates interview well, win the position, and then do a bad job once hired. It was a strange question. Yes, the job interview has known limitations, which is why companies use a probationary period.
    Regardless of how the interview went, the position didn't offer the kind of experience I wanted, so I didn't reach out to follow up. And neither did they.

Interview Questions

Lead Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Inwood House (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

it was pretty easy. They ask a lot of questions to learn your character. then on the spot, they may ask you to demonstrate your talents to see if your skills are acceptable.

Interview Questions

Fundraising Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Inwood House (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

I met with the Senior Manager of Development along with the Manger of External Affairs. It was a rather smooth process since I had worked with the Manager of External Affairs at a prior agency.

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my hourly rate.