Jack Morton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 5, 2017

2.7

Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jack Morton (Detroit, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through their website and received a call for an interview about two weeks later. The first interview was with their head of Human Resources. They accommodated my schedule very nicely and the interview lasted around 25 minutes. It was a general interview to figure out if I fit the position and the company. It went very well and I was told someone would be in contact in a week. I never heard anything from them for 9 days so I called and left a message. I never heard back so I sent an email 11 days after the interview but never received an reply. Over three weeks after the initial interview I received an email asking for a second interview. This time it was with the head of Production Services. I replied within the hour of my availability but did not receive a reply for 4 days. I finally received a reply and the second interview was set up. Once again, they accommodated my availability very well. The second interview lasted around 40 minutes and went especially well. I was told I would here from them in a week. 8 days later I was informed that I did not receive the position. The whole process took over 5 week from the first interview to the end result.

Interview Questions

• Please give an example of a time you made a mistake and how you remedied the situation.   Answer Question
    • Please give an example of time you have had to work with a co-worker who you did not get a long with and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question
    • How would I know if you are stressed or having a rough day?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jack Morton.

Interview

It all happened so fast. I applied and a few days later I had a phone interview. A few days after that I was asked in for an in-person interview with 6 people. The interview took about an hour. About 2 days after that I was offered the role. In total, it took about a week and half. After dealing with interview processes that take months this process was refreshing.

Interview Questions

• What is your dream job? (It doesn't have to be marketing related)   Answer Question

Creative Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jack Morton.

Interview

I was interviewed by the Creative Services Coordinator. She asked me to put my work on a monitor screen and we looked through it together. After an initial screening of my work, she had 2 senior creative directors come in and join us for the rest of the interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jack Morton.

Interview

The hiring process was fairly standard, starting with a phone interview with their corporate office and then a follow up in-person interview in the actual office I applied to. Only problem, after the interview in-person, they never contacted me back. I sent numerous follow up interviews and thought the process actual interview went well, but never heard a response.

Interview Questions

• Past experience question, but they added "how would that help you with this particular role"   Answer Question

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jack Morton (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Very interesting process. Spoke with two offices. One seemed very rushed and eager to get things going (like start tomorrow!) and the other seemed very lax and less clear if they could bring me on. Both took a nice amount of time to get to know me and introduce me to others in their office.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing I was looking for in a new workplace?   1 Answer

Regional Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jack Morton.

Interview

Had a phone interview prior to being asked to come in person for an interview. We were instructed to create a 5 minute presentation on ourselves and our qualifications. Working with the other candidates, we had to create a presentation and client pitch based on one of their partners.

Interview Questions

• What is your least favorite interview question to be asked.   Answer Question

Associate Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jack Morton (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I had emailed back and forth with someone from HR and then ultimately wasn't selected to move further. They were looking for someone with different event experience, which I asked to clarify but never heard back. I'm sure they were busy but feedback would have been appreciated.

Interview Questions

• I never spoke to anyone over the phone but the representative who reached out to me asked if I was willing to relocate - which I was and actively looking to do so.   Answer Question

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jack Morton (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through their career portal and got into contact with a strategist at the office. They brought me in and asked me several questions about my qualifications and to see if I was a good fit!

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jack Morton (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

The role services two SVP's so the structure was as follows:

SVP # 1 - 30 minutes

We mostly discussed how my experience applies to her department. I asked questions about her preferences and software requirements for the roll. I was lucky to already have some familiarity with one of the databases she mentioned. During a lull in the conversation, I finally gave her my resume and she got excited about my school background. She gave me pointers for the rest of the interview.
    2 HR Representatives - 30 minutes

We mostly discussed culture and what I was looking for in an employer. We also discussed me as a person. We shared a few laughs and it was very easy going.

SVP #2 - 30 minutes

We discussed her role within the company and how I could assist her. It was more of a personal conversation then an interview. We discussed our similar interests and I asked a few questions based on my online research.

Interview Questions

• Explain a mistake you've made in the past. How did you handle it?   1 Answer
    • What are the top 3 things you're looking for in an employer?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Jack Morton.

Interview

Sent in resume and was called for in person interview. Process was easy. Seems they were looking for someone that had done the exact same job for their agency. Very stuck on buzz words and individuals that were deep into creative.
    No return phone calls or follow up by hr or hiring manger. I guess courtesy has gone by the wayside.