Jazz Aviation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jazz Aviation Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2017

2.8

First Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Jazz Aviation (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview is full of very corporate questions that lack personality. They are behavioral type questions (ie. tell us a time when you did....). Try to think, what is the overall quality that they are trying to get an example of (ie. initiative). The thing that lacks is the personal touch in an effort to make it fair for everyone. It was one on one over the internet with a very bad audio over the phone. You are speaking with an HR person who has good knowledge of how the 705 (Jazz) operation works but very little knowledge of how the rest of the 700 operations work or the flight training environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you went out of way to accommodate someone else's cultural difference.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jazz Aviation (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

The process took between 3 to 4 weeks, I applied on the first week of April 2017 and received an invitation in the same week to do an online interview on Hirevue. The interview is not a face to face it was just a few questions in English and French. Then, the next week I got an e-mail telling me to contact Jazz Aviation to Schedule a Skype face to face interview. My interview was on the 12th of April. The interviewers were very nice and made me feel comfortable. The next day I received an e-mail saying i was successful with me interview and that someone at Drivercheck would contact me for a Medical appointment (it was sceduled on April 20th). They were very accomodating as they offered me to do the Medical test in Québec city (Where I actually live) so it was very easy for me to get there. The Medical test is quite simple, but long, there is a Urine test, urine dip for detection of drugs, ear and eye tests, a medical examination from the doctor and two blood draws, one for sugar in the blood and th other one for general check. Monday April 24th I received a call from HR to give me an offer which I gladly accepted.

Interview Questions

• What are the good qualities of a flight attendant?   6 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jazz Aviation (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online, then I received an invitation for a HireVue interview, I recorded myself speaking English and French. After one week, I got an email in order to schedule an appointment for a live interview. The interviewers were very professional, they asked a behavioural questions, and you need to give them examples about every situation.
    Same day after the interview, I got a call to book an appointment with the clinic for a medical test, and after 3 days, they offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you suggest something and it was approved by the manager.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jazz Aviation (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

This was the 2nd interview with two Jazz employee from HR. After I completed my first online interview . It took place at the Air Canada Hangar near the airport. I was greeted at the Security desk, filled some paperwork and the HR person came to get me. Very professional setting

Interview Questions

• Behavioural questions all focused on what I accomplished , felt during my work experience, spoke about myself and what I know about the position. What I am expecting of the position, live situation to play as flight attendant   2 Answers

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jazz Aviation (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

First step - HR screening.
    The lady on the phone sounded rude and in a bit of a hurry. She said "Don't call me, I'll call you if we decide to proceed", which was a bit strange as most people don't hound HR so early in the game.
    Tone of questioning was unprofessional and she did not know much about the position (salary range, description, reporting structure). General one-liners and rah-rahs about the company being great (which I doubt from online reviews).

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jazz Aviation (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online through their website. I received an email asking when i would be able to do a phone interview. the phone interview was easy, simple questions in french,
    then i received an email letting me know i had seven days to complete a hirevue interview. completed that as well,
     a couple days later i received an email letting me know to call a number to set up a F2F. the face to face was nice. i had one woman from hr and the other was a flight attendant and they were both wonderful and made me feel at ease (made me all the more interested in the position).

then the next day i received an email letting me know to fill out a criminal background check, medical test and that my references would be called. i did the pre-placement medical, and now i have received an email detailig another company to contact me (drivercheck) and to abide to their requests..

STOC Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jazz Aviation (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

(1) document release authorization: they get you to read a two page document and sign it in two places.
    (2) review of scheduling: they show you a sample of a junior staff's work schedule and show you that they can force you to take a shift.
    (3) behavioral questions: the questions are straightforward but the interviewers' assessments of you are crude and rude.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about the work schedule of the junior employee?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jazz Aviation (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

First, did a video interview in both french and english. 3 days after, they sent me an e-mail for f2f interview. The two recruiters were very nice and i had to do a live act situation. 3 days after, booked my medical. 2 weeks after my medical i got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you had to deal with a difficult costumer?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Jazz Aviation (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

First, I did my Hirevue interview online where they asked you about yourself, what do you know about the job and some things like do you have a passport,etc.

After, I did the language test over the phone.

After I got a face to face interview with two recruiters in Montreal. They make me feel very comfortable, last around an hour. They asked about my last experience and most of the interview was about " tell me a time where this situation happened and what did you do". I did one live-act situation where they where acting like unsastisfied costumer and I had to act what would I do.

Did the interview days ago, and I'm waiting for the answer!

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Jazz Aviation (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Very fast. They called me for an initial phone interview brief questions. They scheduled me right for my language phone interview which lasted only 7 or 8 minutes for English and French. Then 2 days later they called me for my F2F interview. Same day called me to book my medical. And got hired right away