Jewson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jewson Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2017

2.4

Desk Based Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Jewson (Derby, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

It was an in house interview with manager of same team in Binley and my director, the manager from Binley in managing a 5 man team dealing with the top dozen or so accounts, the north east office is dealing with subcontractors.

Interview Questions

• Can i show an example of how i took on a customer and built it into a long term relationship?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Jewson in March 2016.

Interview

A few basic questions about experience and employment history, followed by a simple questionaire relating to wtd, drivers hours, Highway Code etc.
    The individuals who interviewed me were great, can't fault them. The company as a whole, is currently experiencing difficulty in retaining driving staff.

Interview Questions

• Plan a route in a truck with certain dimensions.   1 Answer

Tool Hire Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jewson (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Just a 1-1 with the BM very relaxed environment. I got a phonecall which lasted 15 minutes about my experience and when I could come into the branch for an interview. Asked about what I did at the time and asked what id like to be doing in Jewson.

Interview Questions

• Asked about servicing equipment and health and safety questions. Asked why I want to work with Jewson   1 Answer

Trainee Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jewson (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

Vacancy was advertised on the company's website. Filled the usual online questionnaire, attached CV and completed online questionnaire formatted assessment and then had to wait 3 days to be informed that initial stage was passed.

Then had to do an interview over the phone with one of the company directors. It is a 45 minute insight into the qualifications, skills, experiences, ambitions and reasons for wanting to work at Jewson.

After that stage an email was sent 2 days later to confirm that this stage was passed as well and now there will be a day long assessment along with other chosen candidates.

The chosen centre was quite a distance away starting at 9.am and was to finish at 5 .pm . It was a very long, intrusive, tiring and basically a waste of human intelligence. Firstly I along with 5 other candidates were introduced to the interviewees who were Jewson area managers. First a 30 minute interview cross checking CVs, experiences and gained skills. Also numerous questions about how one will make a difference to Jewson etc.

Then it follows a long wait till all other candidates have been interviewed as well. Then individually you have to prepare a minimum 15 minute long presentation about a topic. Usually about garden centres trying to increase their customers . How original !

Then that follows a group exercise where a presentation about a scenario has to be prepared within 40 minutes and to be presented to all interviewees at the end of the day. Totally pointless because they bluff you in preparing it for so long, only to make a joke that you will not have to present it afterall ! Utter waste of useful expensive time !

Then you are expected to just leave until you hear from them within 2 weeks. The whole day would have been even more excruciating had it not been in the coffee room of De Vere Venue hotel. Hot drink machine kept us going because no breaks were offered apart from wait in between other candidates being interviewed.

Contact was made a week afterwards and told that sadly I had not passes the final stage and will not be offered a place. No explanation, detail or reasons were given what so ever despite them knowing my whole life history and ambitions. I asked if they can provide me any hint to how I did not meet any expectation despite other candidates to be employed in different areas and one vacancy per site ! I was promised a detailed review within a week. Waited 4 weeks and asked again. Then waited another 4 months and gave up !

Interview Questions

• None because the questions about what you have already submitted, so know what you have told them. Back it up by evidence. Presentations have to be prepared within time limit and cannot be anticipated.   1 Answer

Offi Based Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jewson (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in January 2012.

Interview

All fine no hard questions very relaxed can't actually remember anything else to be honest. No tests your told of outcome almost immediately definitely nothing to be stressed out about