Johnson Brothers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Johnson Brothers Interview Questions

Updated Apr 28, 2017

2.4

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Johnson Brothers in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through employee referral from a friend who works there. There were several interviews; first a phone interview with the person who is my director's manager, then in-person with my director and their manager, then at the corporate office with state-level management and HR. Start to finish was about 2 months, in part due to lining up my schedule (working a full-time job) with their availability. It was obvious that they wanted me to see their corporate culture, as well as to assess me, so that we could better find out if we were a good fit for each other. Once an offer was tendered to me, there is a drug test, basic physical, and lifting test (50 lbs in a box) administered by a third party.

Interview Questions

• Describe your most difficult customer and how you handled them?   1 Answer

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Brothers (Tampa, FL).

Interview

The interview was very casual. The questions were administered by the HR head, and were more conversational than formal interview questions. Questions were along the lines of "Why do you think you would be a good fit", and "What challenges do you see in the future", Very standard. Upon passing through the interview phase you are required to take a drug screen and a physical lift test to ensure that you can lift cases of wine. The physical lift test requires lifting 25 lbs and 45 lbs repeatedly and putting them down at different heights. I am a small, 5'2 woman, and this was easy even for me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think Johnson Brothers is a good fit for you?   Answer Question

Salesman In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Brothers (Mobile, AL) in October 2016.

Interview

Easy process. Got a call a week or week in a half after applying. Interviewed with one of the district managers. Had second interview with another. Told me you drive your own vehicle and pay for your own gas on limited income.

Interview Questions

• Easy interview. Basically had sales experience already. Just asked about myself and told me about the position   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Johnson Brothers.

Interview

Met with the people that would be supervising me, met some members in the office. Finally sat down with the President for some basic questions. I answered with some positive information I found online about the company that I liked. I made sure to show that I knew something about the company, and the position I was applying for.

Director of Infrastructure Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Brothers (Saint Paul, MN) in June 2016.

Interview

Met with CIO, president, and members of the IT team individually - very informal meet-and-greet style. Had several rounds to meet all key members of the team. Areas they were interested in were existing skillets in dealing with multiple team members, experience, operational excellence

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when you had a difficult employee   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Brothers (Saint Paul, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

Met with the head of the graphics department and a lead designer. The interview began with a tour of their printing and design facilities and was followed by a series of the usual questions... they left a lot of room for questions at the end. The main thing that surprised me was the test design they had me do on site: I was given twenty minutes to design a basic poster for a given scenario. They were very accommodating and made me feel pretty comfortable during the whole process.

Interview Questions

• If an employee was being really consistently rude to you and you couldn't stand it any longer, what would you do?   3 Answers

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson Brothers (Saint Paul, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

Met with the people that would be supervising me, met some members in the office. Finally sat down with the CFO for some basic questions.I answered with some positive information I found online about the company that I liked. I made sure to show that I knew something about the company, and the position I was applying for.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Brothers in February 2015.

Interview

Phone screen was a really enjoyable call. Issue was low salary for job expectations and no flexibility to work remotely occasionally. Expected to manager approx 7 direct reports and salary was more of a Coordinator level vs Director. Good discussion of present challenges of the company and brand and wouldv'e been a fun job.

Warehouse Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Johnson Brothers.

Interview

Easy hire. They will try to "low-ball" you on the wages to see what you will accept. They will hire after you and if the newer hire has more savvy, they will be getting paid $2-3/hr more than you for the exact same job. Do not do drugs if you seek employment here. They are very

Negotiation

They pay everyone different wages. Pay is confidential ("split shop" - union/non-union....a real mess for any worker there)

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rapid City, SD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Brothers (Rapid City, SD) in August 2014.

Interview

Initial phone call was to set up interview. First interview 1.5 hours. Was told that decision would be made by the end of the week. Then received call informing me decision would not be made until Monday. Then by the end of the week. Then was called in for a second interview. I was told I would be told by Monday. Then again, by the end of the week. I bowed out of the competition, taking it as a sign of larger issues. I was on the fence with this position, whether I would accept off or not at this point, and this made my decision easy. Why on the fence? First, NO MILEAGE REIMBURSEMENT. This is unethical in my opinion, especially being that a rep is required to put appx. 20K annual miles. Second, NO BASE PAY. Again, crazy. Apparently the get away with it though, so good for them. NO VACATION until your one-year anniversary. I have never heard of such a thing. After you put in one year, you then get five days!! Yay!!! But you cannot take them October through New Years. The whole while, I was getting a sense that this was a shady company. In the past few years they have lost Jack Daniels, Jagermeister, etc, etc. while not gaining any. Apparently I am not the only one with these feelings. Why was I on the fence? I guess that is a fair question :)

Interview Questions

• "Are you married?" "Kids?"   1 Answer