Johnstone Supply Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 15, 2017

2.1

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Johnstone Supply (Lowell, MA).

Interview

Had a very good interview with the general manager of a few locations. He and I hit it off really well and I was able to learn more about this company. They are very well established and they seem to do things the right way. I felt very comfortable speaking with him and he was very interested to learn about me. Like I said it went very well and we hit it off, great guy. Things didn't work out for other reasons but it was a good experience overall.

Compensation

Showroom Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnstone Supply (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a very thorough yet not unpleasant process consisting of three separate interviews. The first interview was a one on one. The second was with the head of HR and the GM and the Operations Manager. The third was with the head of HR and the owners.

Interview Questions

• My experience as related to the position I was applying for.   Answer Question

Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

The interview process was strange, as they were explaining the position, I could clearly see the company doesn't have a solid sales process system in place. One of the 3 guys that interviewed me seemed a bit defensive at times as If I was going to take his job. The same guy also got into a minor disagreement with his colleague during the interview. All in all, very strange experience and interview, they certainly aren't going to hire someone with more experience than themselves, perhaps I should have played dumb!

Office Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Johnstone Supply (Colorado Springs, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

They have a structured interview process that involves meeting with different employees from the organization throughout the different stages. This is a good way to meet the key individuals you are going to work with and a great opportunity to ask pertinent questions. I suggest you come prepared to ask some questions and also be prepared to answer questions of your own.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmingdale, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnstone Supply (Farmingdale, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview comprised primarily of behavioral based questions. The interviewer also ran through my resume and asked questions about it then reviewed my academics to see my knowledge on thermodynamics.

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnstone Supply (Greensboro, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

I met with vp of sales in business casual dress for about 30 minutes in local branch to have iniatal meet & greet. Spoke & reviewed general work & sales experience. We touched on expectations, benefits, income, & territory that was avail.

Interview Questions

• How much experience did I have with in hvac industry   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmingdale, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnstone Supply (Farmingdale, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

It was an easy interview. The interviewer did most of the talking about the company and position.

However, she then sent me an assessment which was extremely difficult and time consuming (lots of math, personality questions and vocabulary). It took over an hour to do it. The math was college level math and not my strength.

After the hour long assessment no one got back to me, not even a declination letter.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnstone Supply (Portland, OR) in May 2015.

Interview

Very brief. Person conducting interview had a golf game scheduled. Felt my time was wasted as interviewer was more interested in his tee time than doing an actual interview. Really felt confused and blown away after leaving interview at the total lack of professionalism. Seemed like a "good old boy" culture. Said he'd email me. It never happened. I was no longer interested in working there after the experience.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with Salesforce software?   2 Answers

Administrative Interview

Interview

Very easy. Interviewers knew nothing though. Just make sure you know about the company and that they are in heating and air condition. It is usually a process where they as character questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company...   1 Answer

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Johnstone Supply (Joliet, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Supervisors were too busy so manager had to do it. Asked if I was able to work over time. He made sure everything on my resume and application were correct. Walked me through the first week of testing on a computer. I was hired on the spot.