Kao Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kao Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kao Corporation.

Interview

I emailed my resume to an employee (employee referral) and with in a few days I was contacted by HR and invited to come to their Cincinnati headquarters. I had three very conversational interviews. One was with HR and the other two were with the accounting managers. If you know your resume and are able to talk about yourself naturally you should have no issues with the interview.

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kao Corporation (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview consisting of all the basics...Background, Experience, etc. More focused on personality than on chemistry, which is not a bad thing. +Working well within a team and knowledge based on previous situations. Job was a step back so the compensation couldn't meet expectations. Interviewer didn't seem very enthusiastic during the call and not totally engaged. Felt as if some better questions could have been asked in addition to the traditional interview questions. Did not really give a great description of the day-to-day activities of the position as it exists today.

Interview Questions

• How were you able to deal with a situation in the past concerning a difficult peer to work with?   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kao Corporation in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was very very relaxing,all behavioral questions. They have training once I started, so just ask about my education, previous experiences, career goals, how much do I do about the company and the position. Also they tell me more about the the responsibilities of the finance team. They do not require you to know about accounting or finance, but the ability to handle Excel is very critical.

Interview Questions

• ask me to finish several mission with Excel using vlookups, pivots table, etc   Answer Question

Process Controls Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kao Corporation.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews before doing an on-site interview. I had 5 30-min interviews with various members on the team and HR. I also got a tour of the plant, which was very neat to see.

R&D Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kao Corporation.

Interview

After sending an application, they asked me to take 3 interviews. The last interview was intense. They asked me about my research. They know about research a lot, so I had to prepare well.

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kao Corporation (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview consisted of four back to back 30 minute interviews that were mostly conversational. Not particularly hard but long. The whole process was long. Before this, there were two phone interviews, one with HR and another with the actual audit team.

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kao Corporation (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2014.

Interview

Contacted by HR manager on LinkedIn. Was happy at my other job but wanted to keep my options open. Four 1-hour interviews. Called back in for four 1-hour interviews. Received job offer and started the job.

Internal Audit Intern Interview

Interview

Long. Had two phone interviews and then an on site interview where you interview 5-6 people. Some of the people you interview on-site seem a bit disinterested but most were decently engaged.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kao Corporation in May 2014.

Interview

Starts with a screen through HR, followed by an interview with the Hiring manager and any one else they'd like to interview you, and finished with the team that finally makes the decision. The HR screen will typically be held over the phone, unless you're an internal candidate.

Interview Questions

• All questions were pretty typical questions for this type of position, particularly situations types of questions such as tell me about a time when you exhibited leadership. Some hiring managers will also ask how you like to be managed.   Answer Question

Customer Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kao Corporation (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

The interview process was extremely convoluted. Phone interview, 5 one-on-one interviews. In the last interview I had before offered a job, the interviewing manager indicated that she did not support this role and if it was up to her this position would have been outsourced. Really? Very unprofessional

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave Procter & Gamble?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very unorganized.