LEVEL Studios Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LEVEL Studios Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LEVEL Studios.

Interview

The interview was about 4 hours long. Lots of white boarding and talking through typical software engineering principles and patterns. Problems were data structure and front end development focused. Most of the process was panel style with groups of two interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to data structures, SQL, PHP, and Javascript.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LEVEL Studios in May 2017.

Interview

Pretty average interview process. Took a little longer than most, mostly because it took place in the middle of summer with everyone's vacations. Spoke with an internal recruiter to start, then a phone interview with direct supervisor, then a final in-person with on-site team members and client.

Art Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LEVEL Studios.

Interview

The phone interview was kind of a joke with tons of yellow flags about the 'agency'. The recruiter went through a list of questions that she seemed to have on a form, didn't want to answer any questions because of 'confidentiality,' and wasn't personable at all. At one point she had to actually affirm that they "are an agency" [and not just a staffing firm for Apple]. Lastly she required me to send salary requirements before I could possibly even talk to a hiring manager, but how am I supposed to give salary numbers for a job that I know next to nothing about?

Interview Questions

• On a level of 1-10, how good are your Photoshop skills? (um wat?)
      How do you feel about doing production work?   Answer Question

User Interface Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LEVEL Studios (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Dev, Tech Director, and Senior Director took my interview. It was funny because only dev lead asked sensible questions. They asked few "cultural fit" questions but while I'm working here I realized none of the "culture" thing mattered here. We work more hours, they lie us about stuff, false-promise to client and pay really low. If you don't get job anywhere try here. Because nobody who cares about their careers works here, so be sure you will get a job if you don't ask for too much money. They love it. Because they don't like to pay and love free work. hahaha

Front-End Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LEVEL Studios (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview was pretty simple and straightforward, and was catered more to culture fit. There were some basic HTML, CSS, and JS questions, but none that were too difficult. If you use the CSS pre-processor Sass, it will definitely help you in your interview. The team was super friendly and did not throw any curve balls. Basically, there was no white-boarding, just talking about certain concepts followed up with some culture fit questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is a closure in JavaScript?
      Q: What are CSS Mixins?
      Q: Tell me about a time when you had a conflict and how did you handle that conflict?   Answer Question

Interactive Producer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LEVEL Studios in October 2014.

Interview

Two interviews: one on the phone and one on campus. It took about three attempts for the interview to finally get scheduled because the hiring manager wasn't responsive to emails from her recruiting coordinator. When the first phone interview finally happened, she called unexpectedly because she confirmed one minute prior to our call. During the interview, she was walking around and it was difficult to hear her. She asked the basic questions about the life cycle of a project and prior experience. For the second interview on campus, the same questions were asked, and it seemed strange. I was repeating myself. And another off-putting behavior, during the interview she was texting and answering phone calls. Unfortunately, she didn't listen well enough and was unfocussed. Truly unprofessional in every sense.

Interview Questions

• What are the steps in your process from concept to deployment?   Answer Question

Interactive Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LEVEL Studios (San Jose, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Manger called late and 1st thing said,"I'm going to make this as quick as possible". I could hear that she was rushing somewhere. She is very rude & pre-occupied. Felt like an obligation interview for when she needs to prove they gave a diverse applicant pool a chance. Very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• She asked the basics as I could here that she was walking and she made sure to let me know she was in a rush. She didn't have my resume in front of her and asked me to go through my experience.   1 Answer

Senior Director Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LEVEL Studios (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Hiring process was very through and very professional

Negotiation

it was pretty transparent with quick resolution

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LEVEL Studios (San Luis Obispo, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied on the company website and got a call almost immediately. Phone interview was great and was with two execs. Drove to San Luis for an in-person meeting and they compensated me for the drive. Awesome meeting where I met the team and the execs. Offer was made quickly and they were easy to negotiate with.

Interview Questions

• They were interested in my ability to work with a very diverse team and a picky client while balancing a tough delivery schedule and workload.   1 Answer

Front-End Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at LEVEL Studios (San Jose, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

I had a phone interview first. During the phone interview I was asked some basic HTML/CSS/JS questions. Then I had a phone call and was invited to onsite interview. Onsite interview was really positive experience. It was more conversational than technical.