LG Electronics North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at LG Electronics North America (Englewood Cliffs, NJ) in April 2018.

Interview

The process took slightly longer than I expected however each step of the process was quite professional. I met with multiple individuals up to and including members of the Executive Leadership. The offer presented was better than I anticipated and they were very flexible on a start date and the notice period I needed to provide to my previous employer.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you working in a highly matrixed environment?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LG Electronics North America (Englewood Cliffs, NJ) in January 2014.

Interview

my contact person at LG hr was so nice. So it was not so difficult. Also, the manager was so kind and she looks so professional. people are so kind.

Interview Questions

• what can you do for this team?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at LG Electronics North America (Chicago, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

Interview with the hiring Manager. Second interview with upper Management. They went over the resume and explaining what type of employee they need. They were pleasant to talk to during interview process.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LG Electronics North America (New York, NY).

Interview

LG's internships are through KOCHAM, an organization that finds qualified college students to work long hours at internships for zero pay. First you get a phone interview with KOCHAM, then an in-person interview with LG.

At the end of my phone interview, the KOCHAM interviewer told me this was the last step, and there was no in-person interview (maybe they didn't like me). Weeks later, I was accepted by LG and found from my peers that KOCHAM did have the in-person interviews, where KOCHAM, the companies, and candidates all met and had group/1-on-1 interviews. The companies thought I was invited and ditched my interview on purpose. For some reason, they chose to accept me anyway.

Overall this whole interview process with KOCHAM and LG was a negative experience in all ways. It was extremely unprofessional on all fronts. I was lied to by both parties - by KOCHAM about the interviews and by LG about responsibilities of this role.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LG Electronics North America (Dallas, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview took place on Skype. There was two HR managers and a team manager of the department that I was applying for. It took about 1 hour.
    Questions might be hard if you really do not have idea of industry but HR managers were nice in addressing questions.
    They focused on your motiviation rather than others.
    After the interview the HR manager sent me a Language test

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LG Electronics North America.

Interview

One phone interview; one skype call which involved talking to three interviewers.They focused on my past projects and my internships. Asked me a few seemingly simple questions related to the profile I was applying to.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to walk them through one of the projects which was extremely relevant to the positions I was applying to.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LG Electronics North America (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Met the recruiter at the career fair, let her know of my interests, and went through my resume. Applied through on-campus recruiting site, then received a call about a month later to schedule an interview with people from my department.

Interview Questions

• What prior experience did you have that could help in this position?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LG Electronics North America (Englewood, NJ) in February 2011.

Interview

Pretty basic. Behavior questions related to position and industry. Nothing unusual. Company is not very dynamic and doesn't think outside of the box so no need to think too hard

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LG Electronics North America (Englewood Cliffs, NJ) in March 2010.

Interview

Th hiring process was quite easy, no HR interview, just a quick interview with prospective supervisor. Sh was nice and only asked general questions, so the conversation was quite casual. This was one of the easiest interviews I had.

Interview Questions

• There was none. Questions ranged from " tell me about yourself" to " what are you current work responsibilities" .... Pretty standard ....   Answer Question

Negotiation

Their offer was better than my current salary at that time, so taking it was no brainer.

Interview

I had 2 interviews one by phone and one in person. Everyone was friendly and made me feel like it would be a great working environment. It started with a couple emails being exchanged followed by a phone call and then after the in person interview it was then followed up again by an email asking me to accept or decline the position.

Interview Questions

• I think the hardest question was when could I start because it was something I expected in the second interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

This was unpaid so there wasn't much to negotiate minus number of hours worked. I ended up working 40 hours though.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at LG Electronics North America (Englewood, NJ).

Interview

Submitted online resume and received call requesting interview within about 2 weeks. Interview went very well and lasted a little over 1 hour. Everyone was very friendly from the moment I walked through the doors until I left. Three people in a room (2 Koreans, 1 American) asking questions. Questions were not very difficult considering I was very expirienced in the position I was applying for. The following day I sent thank you email to Dirctor of department thanking him and his associates for meeting with me and that I was very interested in the position. Several weeks had passed so I sent a follow-up email to HR with no response. A few weeks after the email I followed up with a phone call again to HR with no response. I had basically given up and then one day out of the blue and 8 MONTHS later I get an email from a computer thanking me for meeting with them; however I was no longer in the running for the position. To this day position remains open and I do not know why I was not considered.

Interview Questions

• This question was by far the weirdest question i have ever been asked- "If it was your sons 5th birthday and after work you and your family were getting together for a party at your home and I asked you to stay at work causing you to miss the party, what would you do?"   3 Answers