Lionsgate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Lionsgate

2.6

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lionsgate (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

The process was pretty lackluster due to the fact that the recruiter had no idea what they were talking about, nor did they have any relevant details on the job. Poor follow up and our in person interview consisted of her experiences rather than asking details of my experience.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lionsgate (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

Applied online, HR called in a week. Briefly asked about my background and invited me to meet her and the team the following week. The entire process took 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. How did you find out about this position? Why are you interested? What's the favorite thing you like in your current workplace, and what's your least favorite? Why should I choose you and how are you different than other candidates? How well do you know Excel?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lionsgate (Santa Monica, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

No really much of a process...boss got a resume from a friend, chatted for about 15 minutes, and then called me a week later with an offer. I actually prefer this to some dumb 5 round interview process that is a waste of everyone's time. But, I must stress that 90% of the process was who you know, and the last 10% was just sounding half-intelligent in the interview and whether they like you more than the other person they chatted with.

Interview Questions

• None really...more of casual conversation. HR was minimally involved...which was a good thing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for a little more money than they offered, and I got it.

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lionsgate.

Interview

A bit drawn out, but a good process. First received a pre-screening phone call. I was then called in for a face to face interview. I Spoke with HR and an executive.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions. HR asked very general questions. It is a good idea to be prepared to explain what you like best along with your knowledge of the field in which the job is in. The executive will likely ask you more detailed questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lionsgate (Santa Monica, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Very easy. HR made me feel welcomed and relaxed. They asked all the standard questions you can find online. The dress is casual not to corporate, but it also depends on the department. People are friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lionsgate (Santa Monica, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I received a call from and HR team to set up a time to come in to meet with two people. They were flexible in letting me choose which time was convenient for me, which is always helpful if you are working. The two people I met with were nice, but one of them seemed bored (maybe it was near the end of the day and they were just tired?), which isn't a good sign when you interview at a company and people aren't interested in their work. They asked the basic interview questions and it lasted for about 20 minutes. However, all those questions could've been asked in a phone screen and it felt like a waste of time to have to go in to office.

It was an easy process, but their hiring timeline is just too long as they're uncertain of when to they're going to make a final decision, especially since this is only an entry-level position. They were open and honest about the career path of this position, which is always good, however.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chestnut Hill, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lionsgate (Chestnut Hill, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Met with the HR representatives from the company on campus. Learned more about the company and shared contact information to stay in touch. The application is only live for one week, so you need to be sure of when it goes up. Had a phone conversation with the specific department I joined and talked about the skills I could bring and the responsibilities I would have.

Interview Questions

• What is your level of competency in Excel?
      Why do you want to work in the entertainment industry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lionsgate (Santa Monica, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied through their website, was called a couple weeks later for a phone interview. Then an in person 2nd round interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lionsgate (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Job was posted on entertainmentcareers.net. I submitted my application and was asked for an interview 1 week later. Interviewed and received and accepted an offer 1 week thereafter in the NYC office.

Interview Questions

• Just asked my interests, favorite movies, articles I've recently read, certain trades I read.   Answer Question

Negotiation

For academic credit, no pay.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lionsgate (Santa Monica, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

I met with the Director of Development and he explained the job description. He asked why I was interested in the film business and what my goals were. He was very honest and professional in describing the internship. I was given a screenplay to take home and write coverage on. I heard back within several days and was offered the internship.