Los Angeles Clippers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Los Angeles Clippers Interview Questions

Updated Jan 8, 2017

2.8

Game Night Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Los Angeles Clippers in August 2016.

Interview

I applied on teamworkonline.com and was invited in for an interview a week later. The process begins by being in a room of 50+ candidates where different managers from each department come in the room and talk to you about the department they specialize in. Afterwards you sign up for four departments that you would like to interview for. I recommend sitting as close to the sign up table as possible. There are only four time slots for each department with six spots and each time slot fills up fast! I was able to sign up for three interviews: Corporate partnerships, MVP Services, and Group Events. Each group interview is 30mins. The questions are not hard to answer. I don't have a background in sports so I felt that they gravitated more towards candidates who have a sports background. Overall it was a great opportunity to interview with the Clippers.

Program Interview

Interview

The interview itself was quite standard (stereotypical questions asked) but the process was delayed. Was told I'd hear back by the end of the week, then was postponed until sometime the following week, didn't hear by the end of that week, so sent an email the following Monday when I was told I wasn't chosen. Nice people, but not the way I wanted it to go.

Fan Relations Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles Clippers.

Interview

Group interviews conducted by different departments, fairly simple and straightforward questions. Make sure to talk to people before you go inside for the interview because they might ask you questions about other people to see if you are a team player or not. Have questions ready to ask your interviewers because they will ask you if you have any questions and you will look bad if you don't have a good question. DO NOT ask if you will get to meet the players for obvious reasons.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for some curve ball questions. They brought up a name of a reference I listed on my resume, and asked what that person would say about me.   Answer Question

Game NightCommunity Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles Clippers (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process begins with the submission of an online application. I applied to a general ad regarding game night internship opportunities in Community Relations, Fan Relations, Group Sales, and Sponsorship. After a few weeks they email candidates inviting them to a series of group interviews, which featured 8 candidates and 2 interviewers. I participated in 3 group interviews; for Community Relations, Fan Relations, and Group Sales, all of which were 30 minutes long. The interviews were pretty relaxed and basic, no questions out of left field and the managers were all very welcoming.

Interview Questions

• What types of challenges do you foresee encountering? (Community Relations)   1 Answer
    • Why do you want this position? (Fan Relations)   1 Answer
    • What is one common misconception others have of you? (Group Sales)   1 Answer

Game Night Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles Clippers (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

It was a group setting interview with different departments. I enjoyed meeting the LA Clippers staff and getting to know more about working with the Clippers. It wasn't a hard interview but it wasnt easy.

Group Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Los Angeles Clippers.

Interview

It was a good experience. They asked typical interview questions. Behavioural questions and get to know you type questions (Google typical interview questions). Lots of applicants. Panel interview with reps from different depts to see where you would fit. Also multiple applicants are interviewed at the same time.
    You put your top 3 department choices and they compare that with what the interviewers say.

Inside Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles Clippers (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

This was a three part interview: phone call, followed by a group interview of about 8-10 candidates, followed by a smaller group interview of 2-3 candidates. The phone call interview was very short and precise, asked about top three qualities you posses as well as top three qualities of a sales rep. The first group interview can be a bit intimidating due to the number of people. Confidence and ability to interact with those around you is key. You sit around a table in a conference style for both group interviews. This position does not offer a lot of money so expressing interest in learning and growing as a sales rep in the sports world is key in being successful throughout this process.

Interview Questions

• What will you do to be better that John Doe? (to provide some context, this question was asked in the first group interview, they were asking the candidate next to me questions and then immediately turned to me and asked how I would perform better than him)   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Group interview with 6 or 7 other candidates. A lot of role play. If you have cold-calling experience be prepared for a mock cold call. They'll ask you what you learned at your previous jobs and how you can apply it to this position. Also be sure to mention that you're coachable!

Interview Questions

• Be sure you listen to every candidate as they'll randomly ask you a question based on what someone else said.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles Clippers.

Interview

Applied online at Teamworkonline and received a call in a month. First interview was a group interview in which everyone invited to was split up into groups that met management from different departments. About 7 different department heads and 10 interviewers per group meeting.

Interview Questions

• No question was really difficult. Just basic and typical questions to be expected at any job interview   Answer Question

Interview

Submitted my resume, then received a phone call for a follow up interview. Attended group interview, got a call back a few days later. Got an email with information about 2 training days. Attended training and got schedule for the job a few days later.