Los Angeles Clippers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Los Angeles Clippers

2.7

Inside Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles Clippers (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

This was a three part interview: phone call, followed by a group interview of about 8-10 candidates, followed by a smaller group interview of 2-3 candidates. The phone call interview was very short and precise, asked about top three qualities you posses as well as top three qualities of a sales rep. The first group interview can be a bit intimidating due to the number of people. Confidence and ability to interact with those around you is key. You sit around a table in a conference style for both group interviews. This position does not offer a lot of money so expressing interest in learning and growing as a sales rep in the sports world is key in being successful throughout this process.

Interview Questions

• What will you do to be better that John Doe? (to provide some context, this question was asked in the first group interview, they were asking the candidate next to me questions and then immediately turned to me and asked how I would perform better than him)   4 Answers

Inside Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Los Angeles Clippers (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

The interview is exactly like the interview scene in "Boiler Room." Basically, the Inside Sales executives want to see how you handle pressure and whether you will crack. It's brutal in the moment, but at least they are honest that it's a telemarketing job and it will suck.

Interview Questions

• N/A. The questions are random and based on your resume as well as your demeanor.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating.

Have open eyes before taking this job: it is NOT an entry point into the sports world - it's an entry point into the sales world (with very low pay). You will learn some skills in dealing with customers, but there's a high burnout rate.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles Clippers (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

My experience was a group interview. 6 people were getting interviewed by 2-3 Clippers employees. They asked questions to each person about their resume and also other randoms questions like what are you most proud of so far in your life

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the LA Clippers? What is the hardest thing you've had to accomplish? What did you learn while working at ...   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Group interview with 6 or 7 other candidates. A lot of role play. If you have cold-calling experience be prepared for a mock cold call. They'll ask you what you learned at your previous jobs and how you can apply it to this position. Also be sure to mention that you're coachable!

Interview Questions

• Be sure you listen to every candidate as they'll randomly ask you a question based on what someone else said.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Los Angeles Clippers.

Interview

Phone Call for about 30 minutes about behavioral questions. The interviewer was very helpful and chill. I believe that it is good to have a sense of how management is conducted in a small organization and how it translates to a bigger market.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles Clippers (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Initial phone screen, group interview with about 4 people, another group interview with about 4 people, tour of the offices and sales room.

Interview Questions

• Make sure to listen to the others speaking in the group interview. They will ask questions about what other people have said in the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate

Group Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Los Angeles Clippers.

Interview

It was a good experience. They asked typical interview questions. Behavioural questions and get to know you type questions (Google typical interview questions). Lots of applicants. Panel interview with reps from different depts to see where you would fit. Also multiple applicants are interviewed at the same time.
    You put your top 3 department choices and they compare that with what the interviewers say.

Program Interview

Interview

The interview itself was quite standard (stereotypical questions asked) but the process was delayed. Was told I'd hear back by the end of the week, then was postponed until sometime the following week, didn't hear by the end of that week, so sent an email the following Monday when I was told I wasn't chosen. Nice people, but not the way I wanted it to go.

Game Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles Clippers (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Group interview that consisted of basic questions regarding interest in basketball, leadership qualities, and current status in school. Barely had a chance to directly talk to any of the supervisors. Overall was very easy and basic interview.

Interview Questions

• What position would you be if you were on a basketball team?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Fan Relations Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles Clippers.

Interview

Group interviews conducted by different departments, fairly simple and straightforward questions. Make sure to talk to people before you go inside for the interview because they might ask you questions about other people to see if you are a team player or not. Have questions ready to ask your interviewers because they will ask you if you have any questions and you will look bad if you don't have a good question. DO NOT ask if you will get to meet the players for obvious reasons.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for some curve ball questions. They brought up a name of a reference I listed on my resume, and asked what that person would say about me.   Answer Question