M4i Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at M4i

2.1

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at M4i (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Biggest waste of time. If you are educated and smart, stay away! This is NOT a marketing position. It is door to door sales in sketchy neighborhoods around Chicago. Did the numbers for average sales, and it came out to $24,000 a year. That is horrible. In the interview you have to pay for your on bus tickets, kind of weird if it is an established company. Why are they even taking the bus everywhere? Didn't receive a call back because I called the company out on what they really were, a pyramid scheme that did not advertised the real role of their employees. Waste of 5 hours. Stay away.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at M4i (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

I submitted a resume on an online job board and got a call back within the hour. The call was about interest & background in marketing work and request to come in for an interview. It seemed too good to be true and when I could find no information or reviews online about their work, my skepticism increased.

All levels of staff in the office were unpolished twenty-somethings. Although I applied for a marketing position, the entire interview was focused on my interest in sales and the unbelievable demand for new sales managers to keep up with their rapid growth. There was discussion of purely commission-based and when I asked about what the daily duties of the position entails, I was told about job shadowing sales calls all over the city. That wouldn't seem like a glaring red flag if I had any background or interest in sales whatsoever.

I wasn't able to find/witness enough to definitively say much about the nature of the company, but what I did see was underwhelming, at best.

Interview Questions

• What do you love about sales?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at M4i (Chicago, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

Total Scam. This is a pyramid scheme and I suggest you immediately look elsewhere before applying to this company. Everything about the company was stated in vague terms and the same answer was given with each and every question I asked, they just worded it differently.

After the first interview, I was immediately asked to return the next day for a shadowing interview. During this, I spent 9 Hours going door-to-door trying to sell office supplies to people who were always annoyed to see us, or angry that we had even stopped by again. Not to mention that they didn't even have the foresight to pay for lunch. You keep someone at an interview for nine hours, and you expect them to pay for lunch. Come. On.

I saw through the facade immediately after we left for the person's 'territory' and realized how in denial the woman was about what she was doing. This interview was a total waste of my valuable time, and I certainly do not see this company lasting much longer.

Because I saw through their game, and I was not about to play or put my future on the line for a fake company.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at M4i in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process consists of 3 rounds, all of which are very easy. The first round is a 20 minute Q and A, and if you answer the questions to their liking they will call you back for a second round. The second round you follow another account executive all day which sucks, but it does really show you what your getting into. The third round consists of filling out a brief questionnaire and then getting asked a few more simple questions.

Interview Questions

This is a pyramid scheme. I personally don't want to be a part of something like this, but obviously others do.

M4i Response

May 6, 2014 – President

For anyone who reads these review please understand the only people to take time out of their day to write a negative review are obviously haters. There is no such thing as bad press, so we love it... More

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at M4i.

Interview

I was called within a day of applying and came in for a 1st round interview. The receptionist was really friendly. The interviewer was professional and asked me a lot of questions about my work and education. He wanted to know why I was looking to change career paths. The interview took about 20 minutes.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at M4i in July 2014.

Interview

This company has a 3 interview process starting with a very short first interview that lacked a whole lot of detail but just gave the basic overview of what the company did and the companies it worked with that were very well known companies that deal with office supplies. I was asked to come to the second portion of the interview that was scheduled for later that week and was told that it was a full day shadow style interview where I would follow a sales rep around for the day to see what the job was like. When I came in for the interview I was a little surprised to hear what sounded like a little bit of a pump up session in one of the companies offices. After the room was cleared I was introduced to one of the reps that I was going to be shadowing and one of the trainees as well. On the walk out they explained to me again that the job involved b2b sales and direct marketing and that we were going to see a normal day as well as I was going to see some training. The two that I was out with told me a little about themselves and asked me to do the same and then we reached the reps territory and began going to a couple of people that the rep had helped out earlier in the week. It was nice to see that the sales side of it was actually possible and most of it seemed simple enough as we transitioned from checking in on orders to doing basically cold calling of new business, some of the already knowing about the company and some not, but as expected some people were interested and some people were not. We walked a pretty good distance before we stopped for lunch where the trainer rep began to show me the model of how the company grows and how to advance in the company. It made sense why this guy was a good fit for the company as he had played college sports and the performance based system they used really seemed to inspire him and push him. He then explained the pay structure to me which was about what I expected having two different options for pay, a quota option and a commission option both i think averaging out to 37-47K per year and with growth in the company the pay can go up as well. I really liked how the manager gave out extra bonuses to the reps who were performing higher than their quota and seemed like a good way to incentive people to perform more, but the basic sales pay structure made sense. We continued through the day the same as we had started and I was asked a few questions about whether I was a good communicator and some standard interview questions about my greatest weakness and things like that, but the most surprising one came when the more experienced guy told me that he was concerned because so far I hadn't shown him very good communication skills up front and that it was a very important part of the job.
    After we left the territory and got back to the office I got the chance to sit down with the manager once again and he asked me a few additional questions and told me that they were going to make the decision on the people they were going to hire the next day and would call if they were interested in hiring me.

Interview Questions

• When the guy said he was concerned with my ability to communicate because I hadn't shown it to him well enough, I did not expect to be asked that and adjusted from then on.   Answer Question

I did not accept the position because I ended up getting into grad school and wanted to keep my focus on that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at M4i (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Let me just say that the whole company gave me a very sketchy vibe right from the start. The website doesn't mention anything but their employees which struck me as very odd. It says they do marketing but there isn't any mention of what kind of marketing that is. Just more information about their employees and how they train them. So I went into this with a bad vibe and left with confirmation that my gut was right.
    Started with a quick phone interview going over my resume quickly. She asked about any leadership responsibilities I may have had in previous positions. She then asked me to come in for a face to face interview the next day. When I arrived at the "offices," I could only see two people working. One girl came and went, I assume she worked there too. The interview, started out pretty standard. I met with a guy named Michael, he asked me some questions about my past jobs and my resume. After we were done with the questions about me, he told me about the company. He made sure to name drop some big clients and talk about why he likes working with them so much. Then he told me about their salary options, which I thought was strange for a first interview. I was told how much people made and how fast they can move up in the company. It was interesting to hear but still put me off a bit. The company does direct marketing which is basically door to door sales trying to get new companies to use their clients products. It wasn't for me so I didn't go through with the next part of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Choose only one from two options: you can either be at a desk doing clerical work everyday or out and about doing something different each day.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I interviewed at M4i in July 2014.

Interview

The process was very...suspect. It seemed as if they were just looking for lost college graduates whom they could easily take advantage of. The pay is extremely low for the position. They convince everyone to take a 100% commission based salary just so they aren't committed to any set wage. I just found the whole company to be very...scam-ish.

Interview Questions

I didn't find the company to be legitimate

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at M4i (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

Walked in the door to a very calm, cool, hip environment. When I sat down to discuss the position, it was articulated to me what the duties would be and how they were deligated. I had very few questions to ask by the end.

Interview Questions

• How many years experience I had in client interfacing.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at M4i (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Completely all over the place. Disorganized as we went from business to business. Drove all around the city from business to business as they kept asking questions and attempting to sell the product .