MINDEF Singapore Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Defence Executive Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MINDEF Singapore (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and had the psychometric test scheduled more than 2 weeks after.

Was notified 3 weeks later to go in for an interview.

Had to go through a couple of tests before the interview on that day itself. Was told that outcome will be made known two weeks later.

Audit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MINDEF Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

There was a panel of interviews (5 of them including HR). Got a call for the interview about 2 weeks after the psychometric test. Most of the interviewers look uninterested right from the start and throughout the interview, did not ask much technical questions.

Staff Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MINDEF Singapore in August 2017.

Interview

Interviewers were friendly. Interview will depend on what role and position you are shortlisted for. Come well prepared as they may ask you many questions. Read up more on the role that you are applying for.

Officer Cadet Interview

Interview

2 months of mandatory basic military training plus tekan plus chiongsua plus SIT test plus iPPT plus weapon handling drill. Basic recruit rank pay plus 7 hours rest minus night training minus turnout minus stand by bed minus activation.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MINDEF Singapore.

Interview

Did a written/psychometric test, followed by a 4-panel interview, more to come...

Interview Questions

• They asked me about what a certain foreign political party would have had to do in order to win an election.   Answer Question

Assistant Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MINDEF Singapore.

Interview

the hiring process is simple, firstly just show your interest during their recruitment talk and one face to face interview

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MINDEF Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2016.

Interview

I felt that the interview was pretty okay, i think it was more of a get to know you session. The panel looked intimidating but was respectful and listened carefully and asked relevant follow up questions. There were no weird 'if you could be one furniture in this room what would you be?' Questions

IT Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MINDEF Singapore in March 2017.

Interview

I have only gone through 2 interview process but I heard there were more if successfully shortlisted.

The first 'interview' was more of a personality and qualification test on paper and electronically respectively. 10 minutes were given to write a self introduction. Personality quiz consists of 240 mcq questions. Qualification test were very technical with reasonable time given to complete (except for the random network disconnections that prevent next question from loading).

The second interview consist of another personality test (true/false), followed a panel interview.

Research Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MINDEF Singapore in March 2013.

Interview

I only made it through the psychometric round to get to the first interview. Expect to wait for quite some time before they get back to you. There were 3 interviewers and the questions were a mixture of normal interview questions and issues pertaining to mindef.

Interview Questions

• It was not unexpected but a little difficult. It was with regards to the duration of national service.   Answer Question

Human Resources Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MINDEF Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2013.

Interview

In chronological order:
    1) Psychometric test
    2) Panel Interview
    3) Site visit - to check out your future office and to be introduced to the people working there as well as to be briefed by the section head about your job scope.
    4) Medical check - same medical check as the army boys. For girls, be prepared for a long wait there as there are limited female medical officers.
    5) Sign contract

Interview Questions

• How do you think you can communicate with the older servicemen who have been in the service for 20 years?   Answer Question