MKTG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 26, 2017

2.1

Freelance Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at MKTG (New York, NY).

Interview

A friend submitted my resume for consideration. HR reached out and I went in for an interview with a VP in the studio. The conversation was clearly split into 3: understanding of digital, project management skills and experience, and then personality/culture fit. It was almost an hour long. I received a confirmation in a couple days and I started freelancing a day or so after that.

Account Manager Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MKTG (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of one phone interview. Some non traditional questions were asked which caught me a little off guard. Perhaps this is to be expected with a creative marketing agency. The most disappointing part of the interview process is that MKTG provided little to no feedback on why I didn't get the job which I was clearly qualified for.

Interview Questions

• Some of my more unique questions were who inspires you, what makes you unique and why you believe you're a cultural fit for MKTG   Answer Question

Promotional Model Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MKTG (Miami, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Very relaxed, if you have experience it should be a breeze. Basic uestions about past promotional events. I could see how this interview would be intimidating if the candidate lacks experience

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MKTG (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied on Indeed and got an email within a couple days to set up a phone interview. It was a very casual conversation, mostly informing me of what the company does. The woman on the phone was super nice and didn't put any pressure on me. I stated working the next day!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself   1 Answer

Brand Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MKTG.

Interview

Pretty positive, simple, and straight- forward interview process. First interview was over the phone, lasted around ten minutes and asked basic sales and get to know you questions by someone who worked there. Second interview was with three very lovely women and asked more sales and customer service questions. Overall be groovy, conversational and have a love for sales.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MKTG (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

There were 2 initial phone interviews followed by an in person. The phone interviews were typical with the first being general questions about my experience and why I would be a good fit and the second focusing on my knowledge of the industry and the special work done at the agency (Team Epic at the time). The in-person interview process was relaxed and group style with 2 interviewers. I was asked a mix of tell me about yourself, industry questions and random "catch you off guard/show your personality" type questions. Afterwards, there was a written portion where I was asked to develop a marketing program/campaign for a consumer brand. Follow-up communication was prompt and I heard from HR within a few weeks on next steps.

Interview Questions

• If you had to teach someone how to tie their shoe, explain how you would do so.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MKTG (Portland, OR) in November 2015.

Interview

I approached a Camel girl at a gas station and asked how she got her job. She handed me a card. I inquire by email, received a phone call, than had a one on one interview with three managers present. That part was a little intimidating.

Interview Questions

• What are three traits that describe you?   1 Answer

Marketer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MKTG (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Email to answer questions, phone call, and then group interview, then solo interview. The management is looking for personable people who are honest. They also want to hire confident and attractive people, not "sexy". There is a dress code.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Promotional Model Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MKTG (New Orleans, LA) in June 2015.

Interview

Sat down with the manager and went over job description, how much they pay, and the company. He explained how we work with the distribution companies in the area. Also how to fill out the timesheet

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I thought I would feel comfortable with doing this kind of work.   1 Answer

BA Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MKTG in May 2015.

Interview

I was selected for this program. The interview was not difficult. I knew what I was getting into, because this was a position that I was already working in. It also helped that I knew the interviewer.