MRF Tyres Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MRF Tyres Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2017

2.9

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MRF Tyres.

Interview

I got selected through an oncampus recruitment event at my institute. There were three rounds (online quiz, group discussion and personal interview). It was relatively easy
    During the interview it was more on my resume and if I could manage a blue collar job.

Interview Questions

• Whether I could perform at a blue collar job/at a plant   1 Answer

Tss Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MRF Tyres (Chennai (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

Too lenghty procedure.it will go for a month.
    Case study solve
    Apptitude test
    Speech writing
    Hr round
    Vp round.then you will undergo with the medical test if you show yourself fit then you wil be in mrf

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MRF Tyres (New Delhi (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

it was long and pretty much difficult as one had to undergo 5 rounds to get selected and had to face two rounds of personal interviews. one in delhi with HR and other round in chennai with senior HR and MD of the company

Interview Questions

• basic personal and trait based   1 Answer

GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MRF Tyres (Chennai (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through college. First round is Technical (30 questions) - Elimination is there in this round. Followed by second round which is aptitude and then third round is psychometric test. Based upon the marks obtained in the 3 rounds students were shortlisted for next round. Fourth round was Day plan (we have to schedule our day to activities). Fifth round was GD. There was no elimination in 4th and 5th round. Then after a month the shortlisted students were called for an interview at Chennai corporate office, Tarapore towers.

First round of interview was fully technical and was from Area of interests and from summary sheet which we have to fill before interview. After clearing the first round interview, I was asked to wait for second round interview, rest of the students who were not selected were asked to leave. Second round was also easy it had both technical and hr questions (about family) and also little about my final year project. Then after a month i received mail from MRF through my training and placement office that i have been provisionally selected for job. We have to be fundamentally strong and clear in areas of interests to clear the interview rounds. It was easy only.

Interview Questions

• Name some Casting defects. Remedies to avoid defects in casting.
      Why a capacitor is used in ceiling fan?
      Types of Hardening.
      Hardness measuring methods.
      How to measure hardness using Rockwell scale. (Describe procedure to conduct Rockwell hardness test)
      Types of welding.
      what is young's modulus?
      For which young's modulus value will be higher? Ductile/ Brittle   Answer Question

Worker, Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MRF Tyres (Chennai (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

had a technical interview. Friendly people and knowledgeable. open questions. Technical and managerial skills are assessed. HR and a technical guy does the interview process. good hospitality. Good office atmosphere. To the point and straight forward.

Interview Questions

• your role and where do you see 10 years down the line? questions on customer handling and product industrialization   Answer Question

Negotiation

yes. negotiable

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at MRF Tyres (Chennai (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through employee referral drive. First you will be asked to assemble in the corporate office chennai. You will be asked to fill out forms on personal information,qualifications etc.
    First round: technical
    This is an easy one, if you are strong in the basics. Questions were from thermodynamics, nuclear fuel, boilers, and material properties.

2nd round :IQ and aptitude
    This is normal!

3rd round: group discussion
    Finally we were interviewed by two senior professionals. We were asked about working in shifts and questions from area of interest

Maintenance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MRF Tyres (Chennai (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

it was easy. simple process. can b easily cracked but go through the basics. but easy to crack. first round was technical aptitude. then iq test then personal profiling then situation solving

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MRF Tyres (Chennai (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

The FIRST round was technical aptitude consisting of 30 questions which had to be solved in 30 minutes. Only If we clear the cut-off in this round, we could proceed to the next round.
    The SECOND round was general aptitude consisting of 25 questions which had to be solved in 30 minutes. There was no elimination in this round.
    The THIRD round was personality profiling round which had around 30 questions and there was no elimination in this round also.
    The FOURTH round was day plan exercise where it checked our planning ability. A list of tasks were given which had to be allocated in an effective manner to finish the tasks as per their priority. There was no elimination in this round.
    The FIFTH round was group discussion where the topic was not a general one but a numerical problem which led each one to get different answers for the same question and discuss about it.
    I don't think even this round had any elimination as all those who appeared for GD were present on the day of the interview.
    All the above rounds were completed in a day and the results were announced after 2 weeks.
    The SIXTH round was technical interview and it was held at their corporate office. There were 2 interviewers where only one asked questions and the other interviewer was observing how we had answered the questions. The questions were mostly fundamentals and it was in this round that many candidates were eliminated. This round lasted for about 10 - 15 minutes. Those who were selected in this round were asked to come again after a week for the final interview.
    The SEVENTH and the last round was a mix of both technical and general questions where there were also 2 interviewers. This round lasted for about 15 minutes.
    Those who were selected were informed after 2 days.

Interview Questions

• 1.Gears and transmission systems.
      2.Questions related to welding like TIG, MIG.   Answer Question

Maintenance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kottayam (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MRF Tyres (Kottayam (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a one month process. It had few rounds. First an Aptitude , Technical Aptitude, Time Management and GD. Candidates were then shortlisted and called for interview. I was interviewed at the Kottayam plant.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself.

Why did you take mechanical Engineering

Which is your favourite subject?

Describe your project?

basic engineering graphs and cycles

Are u ready to relocate?   Answer Question

Tss Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MRF Tyres (Hyderabad (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

very easy .. be confident and have good communication skill
    be presentable... have good knowledge on the present profile ur working for...its just a casual interview just keep calm..be confident and have a very good communicaion skill. they want to see if u can talk

Interview Questions

• hw long will you stay wid orgnisation   1 Answer