Mansfield University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mansfield University Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mansfield University

Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Mansfield University (Mansfield, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was well organized. An email with the campus map and the itinerary was sent well in advance of the scheduled interview. The interview took place, initially, in the Human Resources department with a team of interviewers. Then I was escorted to the manager of that department that I was interviewing for and asked additional questions. I was then escorted back to Human Resources to speak with the Benefits Manager to discuss possible benefits. Everyone seemed very kind and inviting which helped me to feel more comfortable. The HR department was very accommodating and helpful. It was quite a while before I heard if I got the job or not though. So long in fact that I almost took another job offer.

Interview Questions

Instructor, Full Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, PA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mansfield University (Mansfield, PA) in June 2010.

Interview

Overall, the school was very accommodating. They arranged for a hotel, put me in a very nice room. However, the interview process itself was hap-hazard. For example, there was a quick 1-on-1 before the panel. The panel had 1 student, 1 adjunct, and 1 full-time in the panel interview. After the panel, the FT who was leading the panel indicated that I was well qualified and should apply for the FT Tenure Track next year because this was temporary for the one year. He made me late to the presentation with followup questions. By the way, he took pride in the fact that there is NO IRB and so you need not get permission for research with human subjects unless you have Fed. Money involved. They were proud of this. The meeting with the actual Chair of the Dept. was only 305 minutes because they he ran out of time, and wanted to make time for the Dean. However, the people were very friendly, and even reimbursed my gas (which originally, I was not expecting).

Interview Questions

• Discuss an issue with a student and explain how you handled it.   Answer Question