March of Dimes Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 1, 2017

2.5

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at March of Dimes Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Easy, basic questions on how the company is, if I know them, what experience I have, what I would like to learn; If you do get hired as a student, you will be given the jobs they don't want to do, which is normal I guess.

Service Delivery Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chatham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at March of Dimes Canada (Chatham, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Was a typical interview. 2 persons alternating questions. Gave feedback, answered my questions, let me share a family person tie to the organization in another province for fundraising and share pictures. Friendly. At the end advised I was the candidate in front of the pack, they had 3 more interviews to go and I would be contacted before the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• Name a conflict situation you experienced, in a former position, with a coworker. Describe you handled the situation and how the situation was ultimately resolved if it was resolved.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was asked if I accepted the salary, it was at the maximum end of the range offered from the job description I applied under. I agreed. I was advised it had just been recently increased and that I would receive an increase after each performance interview. 3 for the first year. One every year after.

ABI Rehabilitation Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at March of Dimes Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I was interviewed on the phone by Kieron Rowe. The interview lasted only about 15 minutes, and I found it very typical and basic. There weren't any questions that I was unprepared for. Following our conversation, he told me he was interested in doing a face to face interview in Toronto later that week. I decided against going to the interview, as I knew I would not be taking the job anyway (for the reason of commuting costs from my home to Toronto). Mr. Rowe was very friendly and easygoing, and he was understanding when I declined the offer of a second interview, saying he appreciated my honesty and consideration.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of an ABI Rehabilitation worker / what do you think the role entails?
      What do you know about March of Dimes?
      Why do you want this position?
      What makes you the right candidate / what are your related srengths?   Answer Question

Payroll Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North York, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at March of Dimes Canada (North York, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

I the interview with the HR Director and it was positive, touch on all experience, qualification, transfer skills, strengths and weakness, all were answered. She had positive feedback and wanted me to meet the CFO just for meet and greet, she already stated I am the strong candidate and was going to make me an offer. I met with the CFO and he feels I am overall a good candidate, however the few topic he ask about was answered base on my experience and my pass processes along with legislation laws, he then felt I did not explained the topic strong enough, because of the pay equity question, he feels pay equity is base on gender (male and female) I advice no, it is equal pay and must be base on performance, job satisfaction, qualification, experience and so forth, he still insist it is gender. I try to stray the topic by stating my previous experience and how I have done, also said every company have a different enternal process and I quickly adp to changes. base on the reason he did not offer me the job, I find it discripnation on his part to want to base it those term there is laws against that, and when I explained it he feel otherwise

Interview Questions

• Compensation Analysis, Pay Equity, CRM, Unionize, Excel, full cycle payroll with year end and audits, US and CDN Payroll,   1 Answer

PSw Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at March of Dimes Canada.

Interview

I was hired quickly interviewed on the phone then brought in for an interview the following day, I was hired within 24 hours of my interview and out working less than a week from the day I applied. The interview was relaxed and casual, overall a very positive experience

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult client who was asking you to do something you were not authorized to do?   1 Answer

Junior .NET/SharePoint Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at March of Dimes Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied through recruiting agency and they schedule my interview within 24 hours. I was interviewed by IT Manger. He was really good person we talk about Microsoft web technologies, SharePoint, HTML5/CSS3, Google API's, responsive design and Agile methodology.

I recommend all the applicants should research about the company, manager and most important thing he/she should be familiar with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) (EXPERIENCE PEOPLE PREFERRED)

P.S: best of luck to all future applicants :)

Interview Questions

• Have you work with SharePoint / responsive design / google api's before and what do you know about Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)?   Answer Question

Residentrial Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at March of Dimes Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

Friendly, through and honest. It was an informational interview to gather knowledge about the agency. The current demand did not favor employment at this time. Was given other agency in line with my previous background and experience

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at March of Dimes Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2014.

Interview

Received a call from HR that asked basic questions to assess fit; went in for an in person job interview with two people - one from the dept and another from HR; the interview went well and I received a call from HR within a couple of days from the interview to offer the position. I studied a lot for the interview - the department, the history of the company, and came prepared with questions to ask at the end of the interview, which is why I felt it was easy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here; question about a bad customer service experience and how you turned it around; question about how skills and education prepare you for the role; questions about weakness and how you address it; what are you strong points   Answer Question

Employer &Amp; Client Coordinator (Ontario) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at March of Dimes Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2012.

Interview

I was greeted very warmly and was interviewed by two staff members. It was unclear who they were at the time but it ended up being the team lead and a staff member for the office. The other staff members made it very comfortable to sit and wait for my interview to begin. The interview was conducted in a board room, and was very comfortable. I felt at ease when entering the interview room and therefore the experience was one that I left feeling good about.

Community Support Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at March of Dimes Canada in March 2012.

Interview

I went through 3 interviews with the March of Dimes - the first telephone interview was really assessing fit, 2nd interview was with the Regional Independent Living Manager and a Community Support Supervisor. The third interview included the Manager and Director of Independent Living Services. I was told they would let me know in two weeks, after 2 weeks I e-mailed the Manager and asked if a decision was made with no response. After 3 weeks I e-mailed again with no response and then left a voice mail message with no response.

Interview Questions

• How do you communicate with people of different races/ethnicity   Answer Question