Marine Corps Community Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marine Corps Community Services Interview Questions

Updated May 2, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in M C B H Kaneohe Bay, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marine Corps Community Services (M C B H Kaneohe Bay, HI).

Interview

There was a pretty long wait just to be notified that my that my application had been reviewed, and then another very long wait to find out I had an interview. I received one over the phone interview consisting of just a few questions, then one in person interview that was a joint interview with the two directors of the two CDCs I had applied to. Overall it was a fairly simple process. You met in the director's office, she asked roughly ten questions pertaining to how you would handle different situations that could potentially arise while doing this job, and that was about it.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to this situation: two children are crying because it is time to eat and another is crying because they got hurt. What do you do?   1 Answer

Prevention Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Marine Corps Community Services.

Interview

I had to prepare a 10 minute presentation. 4 person rotating panel, asked questions you'd generally expect to hear but also in depth question about the job someone only with experience in the company would completely answer correctly.

Interview Questions

• How would you measure the success of a success prevention program?   Answer Question

Training Specialist Interview

Interview

4-5 person panel lasting an hour. Started as a round table discussion about the current trends in professional development. Question progressed in to Smart Goals then in to senerio based exercises. They asked a lot question regarding relationships and interactions of direct care staff.

Interview Questions

• how would you address a situation where conflict started between facility manger and polices?   Answer Question

Marketing Tech NF3 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quantico, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marine Corps Community Services (Quantico, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

Process took two weeks. If you do have any affiliations with active duty marines/military then you will not get the job. If someone aside from you applied for the position and is a wife of a marine or a person who just got out of being a marine then expect that they will get the job position even if you are more qualified for the position. They will not bother to look at your bachelor degree, portfolio or experience, if someone related to the military applied they will get it even if they are incompetent.

Program Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marine Corps Community Services.

Interview

They ask how you would respond to certain scenarios involving the safety of a child and helping to assist a child in their developmental needs. The interview was not taxing and was fairly short. I believe it was 4-5 questions to assess if you had enough knowledge to provide adequate care to the children.

Interview Questions

• If Sally Sue has had a long day of hitting others and not listening to directives, how would you approach this topic with her parent at the end of the day?   Answer Question

Range Safety Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marine Corps Community Services (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

Easy interview process. Applied, had interview the following week. Friend of mine worked for MCCS and referred me so I think that made a big difference. The only time consuming part was waiting on the background check and security clearance to come through so I could get a CAC card.

Program Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marine Corps Community Services in July 2015.

Interview

Interview was very simple but held as a group initially. Once you pass that interview then if employer is interested then you will get a call back for another interview. The hiring process, however, was long.

Interview Questions

• What qualities should a person have to work with young children.   Answer Question

Office Automation Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kailua, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Marine Corps Community Services (Kailua, HI) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview in itself was very brief. The interview environment wasn't very friendly or welcoming. The Director was very serious and it made the environment a bit uncomfortable. However, the other person in the room was it bit more welcoming and warm. Her personality was more at ease which made the interview a bit less intimidating where i didn't become too nervous or tense.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a a situation where a parent is on the phone, a parent would like more information at the front desk and another parent is requesting to make a payment?   1 Answer

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Havelock, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marine Corps Community Services (Havelock, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

They ask basic questions about yourself and then they ask what you would do in certain scenarios that have to do with the position. If you know the CPR, First Aid, and lifeguarding skills, the questions are easy.

Reservation Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

I applied for the job through http://www.usmc-mccs.org/careers end of November 2013 but I did not hear from them until Mid-January 2014 for an interview then i did not hear from them until end of February and only started 2nd week of March 2014. The process was ridiculous and not healthy for company (i think). They interview was a panel of three, General Manager, Assistant Manager and Housekeeping Supervisor. What they are looking for is a personality.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult customer service experience have you delivered?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation. pay grade is the same regardless of your years of experience.