Marine Corps Community Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2018

2.6

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Marine Corps Community Services (Arlington, VA) in December 2017.

Interview

This organization looks very good on paper, but many of the organization hiring practices are a bit unethical. I interviewed for a position and had a very odd experience, but I will leave it up to the reader to make their own assumption based on their experiences.

When I first applied around September, I started my first round of interviews around October where I had to do a 30-minute in-depth presentation, that was due in less than 24 hours for the interview. I showed my presentation to many high ranking officials that I know in government currently, and they along with the first round of interviewers were impressed by it. I found the 24-hour time frame for a policy presentation as a bit of a red flag, but I continued because I enjoyed the challenge involved in the deadline. After a week I received another email stating I advanced to the second round and this is when many red flags in the process came to fruition.

During my second round of interviews, I noticed that the individuals were being very rude. First, I asked if I could come in person to interview but they ignored my request. Secondly, I asked if I could have the interview at a certain time that they offered because of my daily commute, but they promptly ignored it to meet their own means. Third, during the 2nd interview, I noted how we never discussed any of the details or information presented in the first interview, and questions were readily repeated. Finally, the biggest red flag of all, was when asking questions during the interview the people I spoke to acted quite unprofessionally. Questions were either ignored, responses were usually given with a sour attitude, or one of the interviewers would just state "that is not my department" implying she did not need to understand that part of the process when trying to create health programs for marines.

In summary, this organization seems to have a lot of expectations for employees but little for whoever manages individuals. I do not think it makes sense that managers are not really aware of processes within different departments, and have an attitude of "that is not my problem or not my expertise". I could tell after talking to them that the culture there is all on the employee and managers do not really deal with the ins and outs of everything in certain departments. Which is interesting because they kept bringing up communication and how it was important for the organization. The job looks great on paper but from the interview process, I take it as a stroke of fortune that I was not given the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable discussing death within data sets?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marine Corps Community Services.

Interview

A group interview with general questions about yourself. Pulled aside individually to assess your fit into departments. There were random customer service questions and scenarios in which good common sense should suffice. Because it was on a federal installation background checks are mandatory and the process is lengthy.

Interview Questions

• What should you do if you see someone steal something?   1 Answer

FAC Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marine Corps Community Services.

Interview

Panel interview. Questions were scripted with no follow up questions. It was obvious the panel had not read my resume prior to interview. Hiring manager not part of panel.

Interview Questions

• Tell of a time when you misunderstood communication and needed to clarify. What is your communication preference. (question was stated in a much more complicated manner. This is a paraphrase)   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yuma, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marine Corps Community Services (Yuma, AZ).

Interview

It was fast and easy. My interview appt was at 9 am on Monday, went out after 15 minutes. Said they will call me by Friday if i got the job but no call, i guess it was my availability time that's why i did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why do you wanna work here? 3 things you would bring if you are stranded in an island.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marine Corps Community Services.

Interview

The interview was a panel of three, the manager of the program, a manager of a different program and a representative from Human Resource. Interview questions were common questions. I practiced the 50 most common questions. Every question, but one, were questions from the 50 most common interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had conflict at work and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Computer Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marine Corps Community Services (San Diego, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Overall, the interview was very good. The hiring managers were very friendly and made me feel at ease. They asked some general questions along with a good share of technical ones. The entire process lasted about 20 minutes and ended on an upswing.

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in M C B H Kaneohe Bay, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marine Corps Community Services (M C B H Kaneohe Bay, HI).

Interview

There was a pretty long wait just to be notified that my that my application had been reviewed, and then another very long wait to find out I had an interview. I received one over the phone interview consisting of just a few questions, then one in person interview that was a joint interview with the two directors of the two CDCs I had applied to. Overall it was a fairly simple process. You met in the director's office, she asked roughly ten questions pertaining to how you would handle different situations that could potentially arise while doing this job, and that was about it.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to this situation: two children are crying because it is time to eat and another is crying because they got hurt. What do you do?   1 Answer

Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marine Corps Community Services in March 2017.

Interview

You basically talk to your future supervisor about why you wanna work there and some generic interview questions. Then she asks when your available and bam, you're in. It's easy just be nice and normal.

Prevention Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Marine Corps Community Services.

Interview

I had to prepare a 10 minute presentation. 4 person rotating panel, asked questions you'd generally expect to hear but also in depth question about the job someone only with experience in the company would completely answer correctly.

Interview Questions

• How would you measure the success of a success prevention program?   Answer Question

Interview

4-5 person panel lasting an hour. Started as a round table discussion about the current trends in professional development. Question progressed in to Smart Goals then in to senerio based exercises. They asked a lot question regarding relationships and interactions of direct care staff.

Interview Questions

• how would you address a situation where conflict started between facility manger and polices?   Answer Question