Marist College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marist College Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2017

2.2

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Marist College.

Interview

Very easy, want to see if you have a knowledge about the school as a student and is someone that could represent the student body well. Simple questions such as what is your favorite tradition, what is one thing you would change about the school if you could, what clubs are you in.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite tradition?   1 Answer

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marist College (Poughkeepsie, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Very nice, thorough, and smart. It was very clear how important the education students receive at the school is, and also the positive experience that they should have. The hiring process was very fair.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the ways you've incorporated free flow writing into your classroom?   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marist College (Poughkeepsie, NY).

Interview

The interviewer asked basic questions (Tell me about yourself, What are your strengths and weaknesses?, etc). They called me back and offered the job and I accepted it. I started working towards the end of September 2010 and finished when I graduated from Marist.

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marist College (Poughkeepsie, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview process was easy as I already had a hands on experience on the subject. This job is pretty much similar to the job i had worked for an year in India as a Business, Technical and Quality Analyst.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were technical and logical related to the Business analyst and software.   Answer Question

Help Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marist College (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

the interview process was a simple in-person interview. we talked about only the things mentioned in my resume. they checked our LinkedIn profile before calling for the interview. So a good profile is necessary to be considered

Interview Questions

• what made you shift from your undergrad field to this new field?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Marist College (Poughkeepsie, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

the interview was easy and relaxed. The interviewer said it was good interview and I made her comfortable. BUT..... She reminded me that a lot of people want to get into Marist ( good pay, union, and educational pursuits are free). She said that many applicants are unemployed. Without coming out and directly saying it, I was dead in the water because I was competing with unemployed applicants. So don't bother applying if you are employed. You may get lucky but the competition is great in this area at least for an Admin. Position. I walked away wondering why they even bothered calling me. It was obvious they will hire the qualified, unemployed applicant first. Nothing wrong with that but don't get my hopes up folks.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions. The interviewer explained the position and I related back my current experiences and how they would help me in the position.   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marist College (Poughkeepsie, NY).

Interview

The hiring manager called and asked what I like about the job and the job description - specifically. And she sort of did an ad hoc phone interview right on the spot. Then set up a day to come in for an in person interview. It was with a team from the office, they had a printout of 10-20 questions and just kind of went down the list and around the room asking the questions and feverishly writing down my responses. Not much of a rapport was established because they were doing so much writing.

Interview Questions

• What are three words your colleagues or coworkers would use to describe you.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marist College (Poughkeepsie, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

One interview, series of questions regarding projects you've done in the past, how your experience can be a good fit for the development team, and your ability to learn new frameworks.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a Javascript class and send the data over the server?   Answer Question

Tutor Interview

Interview

Discussed experience and job responsibilities. The process was very simply and conversational. The interview was informal and mostly consisted of a nice conversation with the supervisor about experience and interests.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a student bad-mouthing a professor?   Answer Question

Student IT Support Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marist College.

Interview

Applied at the annual career fair my Freshman semester. Handed my resume, was asked a few questions on the spot about my interests and such. Got a phone call to come in the next day. Was sat down and asked a bunch of standard support procedure questions such as troubleshooting network printers and how I would address a faculty or student on the phone or in an email.

Interview Questions

• If a customer were to call and explain their printer wasn't working, what's the first step you would ask them to diagnose? If that fails, what would be next step? And if that fails, what would be the next step? Ect. ect.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation