Matomy Media Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Matomy Media Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Matomy Media Group

2.9

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Matomy Media Group.

Interview

1) HR screen : the recruiter was extremely welcoming and professional. she talked the company up to me which got me even more interested and kept me within the loop.
    2) phone interview : pretty straight-forward to the point..which i liked
    3) on-site interview

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Matomy Media Group (New York, NY).

Interview

There was a twenty minute phone interview and followed by two in-person interviews in which I met with three managers. They were quick to make me an offer after my last interview.

Interview Questions

• Standard AM questions. "Tell me a time when a client was difficult and how did you handle it?"   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Matomy Media Group (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Five different interviews, the fourth was to provide a presentation. Final is with the VP.
    They gave a final answer quickly and also pressured me to sign without reviewing the contract. I didn't agree

Interview Questions

• Past experience and why do I think I am suited for the company   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Matomy Media Group (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone screen followed by in person interview with two people. The second person was very rude and kept grilling me about things that I clearly did not know as I had specified that I was new to the space. Regardless, he called me as soon as I left the office and offered me the job as if he was doing me a personal favor.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the online performance marketing space?   Answer Question

Ad Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Matomy Media Group (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I got a call from the head of HR and scheduled a date and time for an interview. I met with two people I would be working with. The head of sales and the avp of client strategy. Both were extremely nice and I enjoyed the interview process very much. I was also introduced to a member of the tech support team who was visiting from Israel as well as the svp of sales and business development. Both were extremely nice and asked the typical interview questions. Nothing to hard.

Interview Questions

• A lot of the questions that were asked were about your background, they seemed to be looking for a certain skill set as well as how well you would fit in with the company. If you have good experience and they like you, you should be fine.   1 Answer

I happened to get an offer from another company I interviewed with a day before Matomy made an offer. They were very understanding and even made a better compensation offer to try and sweeten the pot. Unfortunately my decision was already made. If the offer was made before the one I already received I would have accepted.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Matomy Media Group (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in January 2018.

Interview

After a short phone screening, there were a total of 4 interviews: techincal interview with future team leader, techincal interview with an architect, an "informal" chat with the group leader (VP R&D) and HR interview.
    the 1st technical interview was relatively shorter and easier. the 2nd one was very hard, non stop technical questions in various topics (programming, algo design, data structures, databases, unix). the 3rd interview was short and informal: a chat where I was asked to tell about my self, my plans, goals and so on. I felt that on the 4th interview (HR interview) atmosphere was somewhat hostile as if trying to unveil my weaknesses/flaws. I got a call about a week after the last interview saying that they decided to continue with another applicant.

Interview Questions

• describe a project you worked on, design, architecture, etc.   Answer Question
    • given this js code:
      var i
      for (i=0; i<5; i++)
           setTimeout[()=> console.log(i) ,0)

what will it print and why?   1 Answer
    • suppose you have an application which the UI is in english, and that one day you want to localise it, i.e support other languages. suppose the underlying database is relational, and that the presented text is stored in the database. describe a solution that will introduce as little change as possible to support this requirement (new tables requried, algorithm)   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Matomy Media Group in December 2016.

Interview

Got a JD from a headhunter, skype interview with Israel manager. face-to-face interview with local manager, another skype interview with executives. Executives at the interview couldn't concentrate at the interview.

Interview Questions

• most of questions was about past positions. And some knowledge about digital advertising   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Matomy Media Group (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)).

Interview

My first meeting was a long interview with HR. The same week I had a meeting with one senior manager and the next week two more. They were very considerate of the fact that I had other offers, and the process moved quickly.

Interview Questions

• When I met with HR, I felt she really wanted to get to know who I was as a person. When I met with the professional managers, it was more of a conversation as to how I handled certain professional challenges, why and to what result.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Matomy Media Group (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in September 2015.

Interview

Simple background questions, and then I've been asked how well do I know Excel and its usage. I've told them that I'm familiar with Excel but don't have a vast experience using it, and was told it's ok and they don't expect perfect knowledge from the get-go (it was a part-time position).

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with Excel and relational data bases?   1 Answer

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Matomy Media Group (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in August 2015.

Interview

This company is pretty much involved in the advertising (ad-tech) business. I met with the hiring manager and went over the duties of the position in addition to the questions he had to test my skills. From my understand, they are looking for someone that has deep knowledge of developing scripts in various languages. The hiring manager was a person that was strict and didn't let his guard down. He was to the point in each of his questions and was polite and respectful. Towards the end of the interview we spoke about tuning up cars. I guess that was one thing we had in common.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between Redis and Memcached?
      What is a AWS Route 53 Weighted DNS record?
      What are the best practices for CI (Continuous integration)?
      What languages for scripting are you best familiar with?
      What types of NoSQL databases have you worked with and what are the differences between them?   Answer Question