Matrix Technologies, Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Matrix Technologies, Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Nov 11, 2017

1.8

Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Matrix Technologies, Inc..

Interview

There were three interviews. The initial phone screening, phone interview with the dept manager, and a video conference. Really nice group, enjoyed the interviews. The entire process took longer than I had expected.

Interview Questions

• A lot of discussion, questions where focused around material that was provided.   Answer Question

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maumee, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Matrix Technologies, Inc. (Maumee, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

This was one of the most subjective interviews I have had. I honestly think they were just looking for a good buddy to hang out with. It consisted of two interviews, a brief 20 min phone call with HR, followed by a site visit to Maumee, OH. The site visit consisted of lunch, then interviews with three engineers (~3 hrs). I thought I answered the questions reasonably well. I received a generic reason from HR stating I didn't get an offer because "...we have decided to pursue other candidates who appear to match (skills and experience) our requirements more closely at this time". This is completely not true in my case. I followed up with HR to clarify but haven't received a response as of yet, therefore, I am left to guess it was based on my personality or looks. Bias will always be prevalent and even though you work your butt off, are nice to people, and do everything you can to try and advance yourself in your career, one or a few people can limit your potential because of their subjective opinions of you based on < 3 hrs of interaction.

Interview Questions

• Q1: What two things do engineer's need to work on most?
      Q2: Describe a time you had to overcome something very difficult (personal or professional)
      Q3: Briefly summarize your career.   1 Answer

Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoneton, OH

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Matrix Technologies, Inc. (Phoneton, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

The company does not seem legitimate. They claim they have three offices with 500 people. All reviews seem to be posted from within with perfect reviews. They seem to be a recruiting agency and not a legitimate manufacturing employer. They are good in marketing that's it. If they have 300 employees then what are they doing? Their phone number is the same as badges and buttons and misc marketing materials.

Interview Questions

• Typical recruiting agency type questions.   1 Answer

Computer Systems Analyst Interview

Interview

initial phone interview by recruiter from their company, then phone interview by the hiring manager, finally 2 hours on-site interview by 4~5 people

Interview Questions

• Been asked a lot of soft skill questions in the on-site interview   Answer Question

Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Matrix Technologies, Inc. (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2011.

Interview

The phone screen with HR from another state was pleasant. She was a nice lady.

Site Interview: Well, the feedback I got from the recruiter was that they thought my handshake (I am a woman) was weak. I personally prefer not to squeeze people's hands. I frankly don't understand why that would be a reason of disqualification except they have an all male workforce and want to keep it that way. I have no idea?

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Matrix Technologies, Inc. in August 2011.

Interview

Matrix is really looking to hire good candidates right now. The key to fitting in at the company is to be yourself. They are all goofy and nerdy like any other engineer. Being that way will earn you bonus points. Most of the people on hiring company are big fans of Classic American movies and songs. They reference them all the time and most of them can recite the dialogues side by side throughout the movie. The culture is laid back though now they are starting to be more corporate.

Interview Questions

• Those are always particular to your background. They will pick a topic you say you are expert in and ask you as many questions about it as possible so make sure you really know your stuff if you say you do.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. My mistake!