Matson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Matson Interview Questions

2.7

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Matson (Oakland, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Met the folks at a college career fair. Connected really well with the staff. Talked about the shipping and logistics industry and a few things about myself and who I was. They liked the type of person I was so they reached out to me via email and interviewed with 2 rounds and got it on a phone call shortly after 2nd one. Entire process about 3 weeks

Human Resources Compliance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Matson (Oakland, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

After submitting an application on Matson's career site, an HR Manager contacted me via email and scheduled a phone screen. It doesn't appear that the company has recruiters. I never spoke with one.

On the day the phone screen was scheduled, I never received a call. I emailed the HR Manager and she responded that she would like to reschedule to another day and time. After speaking with the HR Manager for around 30 minutes, she said that she would reach out to me to schedule an in-person interview with the team.

The day of the in-person interview, the HR Manager contacted me via email and said that she would not be there for my interview and that I would instead meet with the hiring manager and two other team members.

The interview went well. It was mostly informal and conversational. The company has nice offices in Oakland, and the atmosphere was relaxed. My impression, though, was that the HR Department is stretched extremely thin, is almost frantically disorganized, and doesn't really know what they needed in an HR Compliance Manager role, which was a new role for the department and company.

The final word from last of three interviewers was that they would contact me regarding potential next steps. The HR Manager knew that I was an active candidate, so she asked that I keep her updated regarding my status with other potential employers. A week after the interview, I sent a follow-up email to the HR Manager to update her, but I never received a response. The job posting I had applied to was removed from the company's career site for a couple weeks, and was then republished.

I have never had a potential employer, especially one where I had been invited in for an in-person interview, not send me any update regarding the status of my candidacy. This experience has left me with the impression that Matson is disorganized, unprofessional, and unsophisticated. I've likely been spared a truly terrible employment experience.

Interview Questions

• How to dispose an applicant in the applicant tracking system who was an internal hire who competed for the job against both internal and external candidates.   Answer Question

Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Matson (Oakland, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter then face-to-face with recruiter then phone screen with hiring manager then face-to-face with hiring manager and another manager then another face-to-face group panel interview with various managers. Process took about 2 months. Slow process. Fickle-minded. Don't waste your time with this company. If you've applied with them and it has taken more than 2 weeks since the process begun without even the slightest of a decision, withdraw your application because they are just wasting your time.

Project Manger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Matson (Oakland, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screening then in person. Was asked questions related to how I'd deal with difficult people and situations where team members are not cooperating. Was asked about my experience with management presentations.

Interview Questions

• How I would escalate risks and issues related to team members not completing work   1 Answer

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Matson (Oakland, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

get a invitation email from audit manager and go to an on-site interview. Interview with Manager, Supervisor. Interview took about one hour and only ask behavior questions. After one week got email from the manager about answering some questions about my GPA. After one more week, get an offer.

Interview Questions

• What's the challenging things you are facing in your last job   Answer Question

Financial Analysyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Matson (Oakland, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Through school career fair

Corporate Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Matson (Oakland, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Met senior executives at local campus career fair. Stayed in contact over email and eventually got to interview with three separate employees in the Oakland office for my first round interview. Very friendly interviewers and a very positive interview experience. About two weeks later, I had a final round interview with one of the heads of Matson, Incorporated for a Final Round interview. The process took no more than 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a Discounted Cash Flow.   2 Answers

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Matson (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2012.

Interview

I was hired after talking to someone for less than 3 minutes. They did not ask many questions of me gave me a start date and that was it. Although to be fair they use a temp agency to hire so that may be why the interview process was so slight because the agency prescreen applicants for them which enables them to spend less time interviewing candidates.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any schedule conflucts.   1 Answer

IT Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Matson (Oakland, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

It took three interviews with the CIO wanted to get invloved as well

Interview Questions

• Have you had any experience supporting excutive level employees ?   1 Answer