Max Borges Agency Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Max Borges Agency Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2017

3.3

Public Relations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Max Borges Agency in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online after seeing a position for the Public Relations intern in the Miami office, received an email to schedule a phone interview, brief (about 15 minute) phone interview with current employee, accepted offer 2 weeks later

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Max Borges Agency (Miami, FL).

Interview

It starts with a phone conversation before having you come in for an in person interview in front of a panel of senior managers / directors.

During that interview, you are asked a number of questions about your background, why you would be right for the job and then asked to present to this panel - a writing assignment with a press release, social media plan and messaging for a potential campaign.

The good thing is that all of the managers were in the same room at the same time - the bad thing is that this style of interview becomes a little like a firing squad.

Interview Questions

• Please draft a press release and integrated marketing plan on a potential campaign.   Answer Question
    • How comfortable are you pitching the media and what is your experience with Tech PR?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your background.   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Max Borges Agency (Miami, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

The people at this company are awesome. If you want to get into PR, I HIGHLY suggest starting here--not only for the people, but for the brand equity of this company. The interview consisted of two parts, behavioral and case project. Be prepared to write a press release and product pitch.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Max Borges Agency (Miami, FL).

Interview

A multi-tiered process and very time consuming, but all with a good purpose to make sure they truly take the best talent. Really friendly and helpful throughout the way. Nothing a seasoned candidate could not handle. Plus, all the effort makes getting the job much more special.

1. Screening interview with hiring agency
    2. Interview at the office (HR and a couple of Supervisors)
    3. Project assignment: Come up with a full campaign for a specific client
    4. Project presentation (CEO and all Directors)
    5. Decision

Interview Questions

• How are you innovative?   1 Answer
    • What are you looking for in a new job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very friendly and understanding of needs.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Max Borges Agency in November 2014.

Interview

Planning the interview was very easy. It was over the phone, they gave me a few times to choose from for the call. The interviewer was very friendly. Asked basic questions like tell me about you, what are you most proud of during your time at x y and z, etc.

Interview Questions

• For the second interview, they gave me a client for who I had to build a marketing plan and present it to account managers.   Answer Question

I had an offer from another company, which was my first choice.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Max Borges Agency (Miami, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

I found the posting for the job on Monster.com and I submitted a cover letter and resume. Within a couple of days I received a phone call from the main HR person at the firm and we scheduled an time for a phone screening. The screening call was the gauge what my current plans and goals for my career. From there we set up an interview with me, him and the hiring manager. The next interview was very good, I was asked the typical interview questions. For the next step in the interview process I was a skills test of sort that I had to present to a panel of those in the leadership of the firm. Overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't anything that I shouldn't have been prepared for.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Max Borges Agency (Miami, FL) in December 2012.

Interview

They will expect you to demonstrate how you would go about getting contact info for someone. They are huge users of LinkedIn. They do not purchase databases so you are expected to mine out each contact yourself. They will give you a test to see how you would go about finding the right Marketing Director at a Tier 1 company, get their contact info, and a sample email or written phone call of what you would do and how you would follow up.

Interview Questions

• They expect you to know about their business model that is different from that of other PR firms. They have a business development team to bring in new clients that are then handed off to account managers that know nothing about the company so BD Manager must update account managers what was promised, what is expected, goals of the new client, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was a soft negotiator, I made my case for more more salary, vacation days, working remotely and they shot down each one. They are tough negotiators, but will give in if you stick to your guns and say something is a deal breaker.