McCann Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at McCann

2.4

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McCann (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

I got contact with a female recruiter and she was really nice. She asked me about what is my favorite brand and she told me hers. She also asked me why I want to be a planner and why McCann.We spent about 40 mins on the phone. She told me some current situation in their company. That's pretty much about it.

Strategic Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McCann (New York, NY) in March 2008.

Interview

recruiter set me up with HR and then after HR i met with the planning team that i would be working with.

Strategic Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McCann (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

McCaan was investing into multicultural marketing and was developing a new department. The interview was 1:1 and I met with a very nice woman. The position sounded extremely interesting and I was ready to accept the offer until I started observing the office dynamics. High walls surrounded each cubical and it seemed every person was cut off from one another. Although it maintained a very professional feel, it wasn't as collaborative as I would have liked it to be.

Interview Questions

After speaking with several former employees and several mentors within the ad industry, all suggested that I do not take the position due to the fact that McCaan maintains a high turnover rate from the lack of employee care and under-compensation. I decided to go with other present opportunities.

Strategy Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McCann in March 2013.

Interview

I was able to get a an interview through an alumni at my university. HR manager was polite yet thorough. Asked about what peaked my interest in the field, why I felt I was qualified for the position, if I could do anything differently knowing what I know now, what would I do differently during my academic career. I brought up some of my favorite campaigns, they asked me why they were my favorite

Interview Questions

• Knowing what I know now, what would I have done differently during my academic career?   Answer Question

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McCann (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Received a respectful and welcoming interview.

Interview Questions

• If we can't find you a job here, where else would you like to work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Above board and fair.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McCann (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

Very professional, good follow up from HR. Was interviewed during a hiring freeze. While not offered a position, it was a very positive experience.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McCann (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

This was, by far, the strangest interview that I have ever had. I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter the following week. We set up a phone interview. She was very nice and personable, but the conversation felt more like a quiz than an interview (i.e. "What do you think this position entails?" "What sort of things do you think our agency does?"). She told me that she would speak to the account team about a second interview. I was told that they were not sure if they were going to fill this position. I thought it was odd to post a job and conduct an interview if you were not going to fill the position, but the account team agreed to a phone interview for the following week.

The second interview, with the account team, was also...different. Again, they seemed nice, but it didn't feel like an interview (even an informal one). No questions about my past projects and experiences, knowledge of the industry, what I would bring to the team, etc. Instead, they spoke about the office culture and other impersonal topics. It seemed like the team members were unprepared for an interview, even though it was scheduled nearly a week in advance. It was impossible to gauge if the interview went well. Regardless, I was told that I would hear from them shortly regarding "next steps."

I never heard back from them, and I accepted another job a month later. I would have at least liked some sort of follow-up. Even an auto-generated "thanks but no thanks" email would have sufficed. In the end, I'm glad I didn't end up working there- the staff seemed nice, but the interview was too weird and the lack of a response was, in my opinion, rude.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McCann (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Initially, I was contacted by email and set up a time for a phone interview with a recruiter.
    The recruiter was very personable and didn't ask very tough questions. The interview was concise and hit on all the key points.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McCann (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

One interview with HR consisting of various questions about experience, a portfolio review (for creative candidates), and some unexpected questions (which I now do expect) like "What was the last book you read?" Not too bad of an interview but I remember a high volume of questions in general.

Interview Questions

• What was the last book you read for leisure and why did it interest you?   1 Answer

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McCann (New York, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

Used a recruiter who had be go in a few time for multiple account. Seemed like they were desperate for people. People who I used to think were not very intelligent worked there so it gave me a negative perception of the company.