Mecon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mecon Interview Questions

Updated Feb 9, 2017

2.8

Management Trainee (Technical) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mecon.

Interview

Campus Interview held at my college. They shortlisted the resume online through the college placement cell. The interview was preceded by Group Discussion. The interview was cordial and were looking for people who could adapt to the company.

Interview Questions

• Are you considering to study further or have you applied to Universities for a higher degree
      ?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Shortlist based on CGPA in each category- Gen, OBC, SC, St & PH. This is followed by technical cum HR interview which include panel of engineers and HR manager. Technical questions tested fundamental & details of project work including internsip (if any)

Interview Questions

• Panel digged deep into some of the aspects of project work and practical applications   1 Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mecon.

Interview

Shortlisting is through Gate rank.Subsequently an interview is conducted.I was interview in calcutta.The do not provide food and accommodation.your interview would be either in the morning session or in the evening, so take car of this.

Interview Questions

• The question where mostly related to codal provisions and design subjects.
      Maximum and minimum reinforcment in beams.
      Bar scheduling of slabs.
      Differences between one way and two way slab.
      Effective length of column.
      One question was from HR.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Mecon.

Interview

shortlisting was done through GATE and then interview was done. interview was mostly technical and mosly related to training and projects

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mecon (Paris (France)) in March 2013.

Interview

Asked too many personal and technical questions about technical and work background. And personal history including social life. Gave a written test then discussed the answers and did some technical tests including very difficult tricks.

Interview Questions

• How was your relation with your colleques?   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durgapur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mecon (Durgapur, West Bengal (India)) in November 2012.

Interview

A panel of judges asked questions. Basically there were two type of questions firstly HR questions and secondly technical questions. Over all interview lasted for approximately 20mins. Enough time is given to answer and think and no pressure is put upon. The questions asked are of basic level.

Assistant Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ranchi (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Mecon (Ranchi (India)) in November 2012.

Interview

A recruitment agency is hired to look after the contract personnels.Candidate need to submit resume and credentials to recruitment agency in hard as well as soft copy. If there is vacancy candidate will be called for interview which is arranged by the recruitment agency. Though the interview is taken by the company officials, but the selected candidate is on roll of the recruitment agency.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to previous work   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiations. salary is fixed.

Application

Interview

Company was invited to college and as per the eligibility criteria of company, the students gave the interview. average interview per person was around 30-40 minutes. In Technical Questions, 1st they asked about my In-Plant training. They asked everything about it in detail. Then, they started with basics of steel production and were going deeper into specific topics. If you know the basics of metallurgy, you can easily crack the interview. otherwise, if won't be possible to get selected in the company.

Interview Questions

• Why LD Converter is also called Basic Oxygen Furnace? What is the relevance of Basic Word in it? Explain in Detail.   Answer Question
    • What is use of Sulphur and Phosphorus in steel? % of both elements kept in steel?
      What will happen if their % is altered? Explain in detail.   Answer Question

Vocational Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ranchi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mecon (Ranchi (India)) in December 2011.

Interview

i had been referred there to do the winter internship from my college. all the thing that you require to do the internship is that you should have a relationship with any employee there. depending on the post of the employee, candidates are being selected. but it has been seen that all the candidates are selected there to do the internship and students get maximum benefit there.

Interview Questions

• why you selected to do the internship here.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mecon (Ranchi (India)) in September 2010.

Interview

Campus Recruitment

Interview Questions

• Fundamentals of Fluid dynamics, Turbo machinery etc were asked. Further, hobbies and general questions regarding personal background.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation as it is a public sector.