Mediacorp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Reporter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Writing test asked a lot questions about local politics and requires interviewee to know the names of MPs. Asked to write a television script based on a short excerpt from a minister's interview. Did not get shortlisted for Interview round.

Interview Questions

• What are the names of the four first time MPs elected in 2015 General Elections?   1 Answer

Journalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mediacorp (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2015.

Interview

Straightforward interview process: HR processes your application and informs you within 1-2 weeks of your interview time. First round was with an interview session with the head of your team and the HR officer. The interviewers asked many questions about your views on Singapore politics, to get a sense of your political inclinations, and your ability to defend your views/make an argument. Heard that there will be a panel discussion next with a group, but I didnt make the cut.

Journalist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mediacorp in January 2014.

Interview

writing test and and voice test. writing test has questions that test general knowledge and current affairs. Voice test includes reading a passage and reading out commonly mispronounced words.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mediacorp (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was okay. Two interviewers. Asked the usual questions and was asked to showed them my previous work products. Interview last for about 45 minutes. Was introduced to their working hours and their current programmes.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mediacorp (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2014.

Interview

The interviewer was friendly. At the start of the interview, she briefed me about the job scope and set expectations. Following, she asked about my previous work experiences, school projects and what do I know about the company.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mediacorp.

Interview

Was only asked to introduce myself and give details about the things I did in school. Then was told to write a short commentary about recent entertainment news, and return the commentary back to the interviewers by the next working day. I think this was to check if I was up-to-date with entertainment news.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mediacorp.

Interview

The interview was conducted between hiring manager and HR.
    Interview for Marketing Manager, but turns out that job is changed in the middle of interview. The hiring manager confirms her interest in me right away on the spot, even before HR does the background check and questioning.
    The offer letter only came 3 weeks later from HR.
    HR process is very slow.
    Please be careful on the job advertisement and asked before going for interview. In my case, the ad was not the same as the role being offered!
    Restructuring is an ongoing process.
    Do avoid this company if you can!

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mediacorp in April 2010.

Interview

Had 2 rounds of interview. 1st was with the SVP, Snr Acc Dir and the HR Manager.

They asked industry specific qns because I was from the same field.

I prepared by studying on the company history, values and the relevant questions that I can ask them.

Interview Questions

• Why did you want to leave your previous job if you have been doing well   1 Answer

Negotiation

Stand firm on your package.

Be reasonable. A guide is to increase 15% of your last drawn salary.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

phone call, summary of past and present projects, salary expectation and career goal, skills set,phone call, summary of past and present projects, salary expectation and career goal, skills setphone call, summary of past and present projects, salary expectation and career goal, skills set

Senior Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mediacorp (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2013.

Interview

There are so many levels of interviewing process, first time, required me to travel to Singapore, second and third through skype. Been interviewed by so many people at one time. First time, 2 interviewers, second time 4-5 people, 3rd time, 2 people. Fourth time required me to travel to Singapore again but i paid all the travelling expenses.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us what situation you have faced in your job which requires your problem solving skill and how do you solved it.   Answer Question