Mediacorp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 25, 2017

2.8

Reporter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Writing test asked a lot questions about local politics and requires interviewee to know the names of MPs. Asked to write a television script based on a short excerpt from a minister's interview. Did not get shortlisted for Interview round.

Interview Questions

• What are the names of the four first time MPs elected in 2015 General Elections?   1 Answer

Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mediacorp in March 2017.

Interview

Just wanna elaborate out everything.

I applied online on mid-February. And get a feedback from them for asking my writing samples after one month later. Then another one week,HR just inform me to do a writing test.

I would like to say the most annoyed and frustrated is, they like to order and confirm with u by LAST minute! I have been told by HR on 21/3 at 5:59pm (just the time before they left office?!), I have been invited to taking an interview with them on 23/3 at 9:00am. I thought I may postponed my interview to next week as the day actually is public holiday in jB. And,I am currently work in my cousin’s cafe. There’s a bit inconvenient for me to takin leave so sudden.

But the HR just replied me on 22/3 at 5:17pm and 5:56pm, said “there just the only time and the only chance to you for takin an interview”. What the hell on it??!! Thats dont even get the chance to change interview to afternoon.! Why don’t you just simply told me there is the only chance for me on the very first email? I m quite disappointed ,if you guys tell me earlier, I may try to manage and arrange my time to stay in SG one day before, for attending the interview.

They just like to leave you a message before they “back home” and just could reply you on next day on same time(still the last minute they back home!).This is totally ridiculous and absurd. And I was wondering the operating phone don’t even works too..you can’t call to them.. I think Mediacorp isn’t sincere enough to recruit new talents.No wonder my SG friends, those work in Mediacorp before, all said Mediacorp is a toxic place, quite many talented, capable and experienced ppls were forced to resign…..

Jun 20, 2017 – Asst. Lead, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the feedback. Our working protocol is to always aim for the most suitable scheduling arrangement that works both for the candidate and the hiring manager, on a best endeavor basis. In... More

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mediacorp (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2017.

Interview

One of the worst experience in my life. The interview is very easy but HR is very lazy to process my papers and disrespectful too. Please try to hire good HR.

Interview Questions

Mediacorp Response

May 22, 2017 – Asst. Lead, Talent Acquisition

We regret to note that your interview experience was not a positive one.
    If you could share with us more details or have further suggestions, please contact us directly at... More

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mediacorp (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was okay. Two interviewers. Asked the usual questions and was asked to showed them my previous work products. Interview last for about 45 minutes. Was introduced to their working hours and their current programmes.

Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mediacorp (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

interviewees of 8 came together to do a written test, we were tested on our entertainment and lifestyle knowldge, questions consist of MCQ, open ended essays. Subsequently, we did an interview with 3 of the team's leaders, being tasked to do an impromptu interview with a celebrity, and finally met the management on a 1-1 meeting.

Interview Questions

• Why do you prefer our company over the rival's company.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

phone call, summary of past and present projects, salary expectation and career goal, skills set,phone call, summary of past and present projects, salary expectation and career goal, skills setphone call, summary of past and present projects, salary expectation and career goal, skills set

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mediacorp (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2016.

Interview

Received a call one week after submitting my application online to schedule an interview.

Attended 2 rounds of interviews - first with HR and direct manager, and second with Head of Department. In a nutshell, we talked about my experience with previous employers and the current state of the digital space.

Extremely efficient HR process & communication via helpful calls and emails to keep you up to speed; was guided in every step of the hiring process. Received a job offer two days after the second interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None needed as was offered more than expected salary. Competitive salary for recent degree grads with relevant prior experience.

Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mediacorp in May 2016.

Interview

HR was very professional, keen to share more details about the company and job and friendly. Interview overall was a very positive experience. Interviewer panel was also friendly and seemed accommodating. However no rejection notice given to inform that I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

Mediacorp Response

May 23, 2017 – Asst. Lead, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to note that you had a positive interview experience. If you have not received our response to the outcome of your interview, please contact us... More

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mediacorp (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2016.

Interview

Basically, they just want to know if you're willing to learn things that you might not be familiar with. They would also prefer that you are resourceful. Employer will set the tone of the interview by describing the job scope and then clarify your doubts if you have any. You're then required to introduce yourself and state your expectations from this internship experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you're up for the challenges of the operations in TV production?   1 Answer

Data Analysis Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mediacorp (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2016.

Interview

Bring along portfolio of previous work. Have to possess good understanding of statistical concepts/ SPSS syntax. Show past work in research consultancy especially market research. Overall quite easy, just describing job scope and you showing what you've done

Interview Questions

• what have you done in past projects in the field of research consultancy   Answer Question