Mighty Maids Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mighty Maids

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mighty Maids (Renton, WA) in November 2013.

Interview

You will be seated in a metal chair in an open room, looking over an application you are rushed to complete, answer 6 or so questions, mainly personal, and then asked to return with more information, even though you have everything you need with you. A bit creepy.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any children? Are you a single or married mom? Are you looking to have more children?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't any. The ad they post states $12/hr, but it's more like minimum wage how its calculated.

Part Time House Cleaner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mighty Maids (Renton, WA) in January 2012.

Interview

I saw the ad on craigslist and called the company. They told me to come in and fill out an application and that they would do the interview at the same time. I went in the same day and filled out the app. The office was small and run inside a small home. It was neat and orderly with small stalls holding all the cleaning equipment. When I was done they did a short interview and went over my application with me. They described the position to me and asked if I had any questions. I asked them about pay and they told me that if I showed up every day I would make at least $500 per pay check. They also explained that they have a bonus for showing up on time everyday and not calling in sick. I was thanked for coming in and told that if I didn't hear back within 2 days that they hired someone else. The next morning they called and offered me the job. They told me what to wear and bring. I started the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Housekeeper Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mighty Maids in July 2011.

Interview

I was told to come in, when I arrived they said their positions had been filled. I received a call a few days later stating that they had openings again. So I rushed over for my $12 per hour poisition, filled out some paperwork, answered a few basic questions from the manager, and was asked to come in in two days to start work. The office looks dreadful. Office is messy and she lost my paperwork and had tp repeat the process. I was told they would do a backround check but realized it was not a high end screening. I'm, not even sure they did one. The manager acted as though she didnt really care that I was there, smelled like smoke, and was clothed unprifessionally even for the position. We interviewed in the main room with other people there. Very unsecure and open. It felt like a scam.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasnt any, they made it sound like I would be making more, but once they take out their cut of the price they charge, and give me a small 20%, i would only make on some homes like $10 for the enitre house.