Military Sealift Command Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Military Sealift Command Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2017

2.2

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Military Sealift Command.

Interview

Was lacking in direction of what they were looking for. I was just told to look on their website. It was also done at a job event so there was no one on one interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Military Sealift Command.

Interview

Brief interview with a Chief Engineer. Not difficult, just general questions about comfort with systems and operations. It was very casual and didn't feel like there was a lot of pressure. It was a one-on-one format. The online forms and paperwork leading up to the interview were exhausting and extensive likely because of all the background/security checks required for federal employment.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Military Sealift Command (Norfolk, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

My interview was chaotic, unorganized, and the panel was thrown together at the last minute. The individual who was the previous Security Officer had to conduct his portion of the interview on the phone and the present members of the panel had to call multiple numbers to get the individual on the phone.

Interview Questions

• Why should you be selected for the position and are you able to travel?   1 Answer

Cadet Interview

Interview

I was only a cadet. No interview. Just has to get a lot of vaccinations and blood work done as part of the medical screening process. Had to fill out a lot of paperwork as part of the whole federal hiring process.

Operations Chief Interview

Interview

Long hiring process, you have to get all of your coast Guard credentials prior to applying for all positions and there are not too many helpful websites for personnel just getting into the merchant marine field. No interview, just electronic processing from home.

Ships Communications Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Interview

There was no interview process I sent them my qualifications and was hired.

ITBranch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Military Sealift Command (Washington, DC).

Interview

Like most government jobs it can take a while to hear back after the application. Scheduling was smooth and very kind and disarming environment. They have about an hour interview with you followed by a second round in the same week if selected. If you pass the second round, you likely have the job.

Interview Questions

• Explain your biggest management success and also your biggest failure and what you learned from it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Quick. Government salary is pretty clear cut - but you can always ask for a step up.

Military Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Military Sealift Command (Norfolk, VA) in July 2012.

Interview

Bureacratic and the usual government process and screening. Security clearance is a big plus.

AB Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Military Sealift Command (Norfolk, VA) in March 2011.

Interview

This application is to long and doesn't matter for the job. you have to get trained regardless of experience so why bother with all the paperwork. typical government processes that don't make sense and need to be updated.

Supply Utiliyman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Military Sealift Command (Norfolk, VA) in August 2010.

Interview

The hiring process is HARD. You have to be diligent in your efforts and be patient. It took me two years to get hired and two applications. This is just an entry-level job but the benefits, pay, and job security are so great that it's well worth it. Anyway, first you have to obtain an MMD and TWIC card. These take awhile. Then when the position you think you're qualified for comes up on their website, you request applications or print them out, get your KSAs done and do them WELL. Then you wait. When they call you for a job offer, you then have to get a total physical at a place they choose. Eventually if all goes well they'll call you to attend NEO class in VA.

Interview Questions

• No real, hard questions that I can remember really, just that the application process is grueling.   Answer Question