Minerva Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Minerva Networks Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2017

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Minerva Networks (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

HR was very good at communicating during all stages of the interview process. However, I am appalled by the lack of professionalism from senior level management. After conducting over 6 phone interviews, numerous Skype interviews followed by an onsite interview, you would think the company would have the decency to call to tell you they have chosen another candidate. Not to mention, they will make you wait over a month before even coming to a decision. After reading the reviews on Glassdoor about the company, I was skeptical to even interview with them. Please be warned.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alviso, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Minerva Networks (Alviso, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

After reviewing some of the comments here, I was a little concerned, but I have to say that the interview process was very pleasant and professional. I had interviews with 5 different people including the CEO and they all made me feel comfortable.They also made an offer than was more than fair!

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself
      why Minerva
      what are you looking for
      In other words some generic and specific questions about the position and my background.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alviso, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Minerva Networks (Alviso, CA).

Interview

Was recruited by one of their execs. Interviewed w/four people in 3 days including CEO. Interviews were always in a meeting room in the lobby so never saw the actual office area. Looked deserted. They asked me from the beginning what I was currently making and what I expected to make in this role. I let them know more than once and they said it wasn't an issue. So they made me the offer and it was well below what I was making and even more so below what I was asking and the benefits were horrible, the worst I've ever come across during all my years in Silicon Valley. Seems like a company in trouble based on how cheap they are. Needless to say I turned down the offer, and they still tried to get me to take it.

Interview Questions

• Have you written press releases before?   Answer Question
    • How would you familiarize yourself with the industry and the customers?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Minerva Networks.

Interview

Submitted my resume thru recruiting agency, got call from internal recruiter after 2 weeks for scheduling on-site interview. No phone screening. For on-site, I reached on time , but the office almost looked deserted. I had to wait in the conf room for 15 min, before someone showed up. My overall opinion - waste of time to attend the interview in this company.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, but one of the manager was asking random questions to just fill-in without understanding my background and sounds like she just looked up interview questions on-line without having proper understanding of the concepts.   1 Answer

Poor people skills demonstrated in the interview and the opportunity is not a good fit for the growth I'm expecting.

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Minerva Networks.

Interview

Two interviews with several people each time. The first meeting started with written test. Thinking back on it I should have walked out then and there. The questions were fairly simple UNIX and networking questions. They were the sort of questions that would have been part of any technical interview. But at no point after the initial meeting were any technical questions asked. Questions seemed to focus more work ethic and availability.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult. I was surprised to be asked if I watched much TV. And somewhat dismayed when the interview asked (pen in hand) for a list of my current employers active accounts.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Minerva Networks.

Interview

Very professional and thorough. I interviewed will my direct manager, my peers and even with the CEO.

Interview Questions

• Which three technologies will most impact television services in the next 5 years?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Minerva Networks in January 2012.

Interview

I regret accepting the offer. They were desperate and there is a reason for this. Unfortunately, I didn't realize this before I accepted

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alviso, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Minerva Networks (Alviso, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

The Hiring and Interview Process was great .

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alviso, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Minerva Networks (Alviso, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Lengthy process, 6 interviews

IT Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Minerva Networks in October 2010.

Interview

Laid back not so much technical. Talked alot about fantasy football.

Interview Questions

• Scenarios regarding different programs and troubleshooting   1 Answer