Mississippi Lime Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Mississippi Lime

1.8

Sort:

Laboratory Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mississippi Lime in January 2017.

Interview

Had a great phone interview with HR and a second phone interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager said the next step would be to bring me in for a plant tour. I waited around 1 month and contacted HR twice. I was told they offered the position to someone else. I believe, you should mean what you say and say what you mean.

Laborer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sainte Genevieve, MO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mississippi Lime (Sainte Genevieve, MO).

Interview

Multiple sessions with groups of 3 or 4 current employees. Interview lasted most of the day (approximately 6 hours, with lunch provided). Very in-depth process, which I can appreciate. Typical questions to feel out your personality and work ethic. Also included questions about employment goals. The interview was intense, but not too difficult or demanding.

Interview Questions

• Previous work history, reason for applying, employment goals, skills, personality, problem solving, etc.   Answer Question

Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ste Genevieve, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mississippi Lime (Ste Genevieve, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

I met with the recruiter at a career fair at my college and briefly spoke with them there. They said they only review resumes from career fairs for co-op positions. I received a phone call for an in person interview and mine tour. The interview was very relaxed and basically the current co-ops and interns were in the trailer along with a few other senior level guys and they all were asking simple questions about school and myself. Then I went on a mine tour. I had my interview with another candidate and we were together the whole time.

Interview Questions

• What do you like best about your major, what do you like least   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Mississippi Lime (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process for me was really simple. Most of all the questions I was asked were behavioral. There was a phone screen a week or so after talking with them at the Career Fair. This is where I was asked some technical questions involving SQL. The questions were pretty simple and at the time I wasn't to familiar with SQL. After the phone screen, I kept up with my main line of contact. It wasn't until a couple of months later that I was able to do an onsite interview. I met with three different groups of people and all of the questions were behavior related.

Process Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mississippi Lime (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2018.

Interview

I interviewed in St. Genevieve Missouri for a co-op for the summer and winter of 2018. It might say it was in St. Louis on glassdoor but it was not, St. Genevieve was not on the list of cities to pick. Every interview I had there was a group interview and they asked a lot of weird questions that did not pertain to the job. I interview with one other process engineer and with another guy who was a mechanical engineer. They gave us a full tour of the facility and how each part works. I was there from about 8am-2pm. All the guys were nice and laid back. They also took us out to eat. I did not end up getting the co-op.

Interview Questions

• Why do you deserve the job?   1 Answer
    • Who would win in a fight?   1 Answer
    • How does a combustion engine work?   1 Answer
    • Where is the biggest loss of heat in the process?   1 Answer

Process Control - Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sainte Genevieve, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mississippi Lime (Sainte Genevieve, MO) in September 2009.

Interview

After talking to a recruiter at a university job fair, I received an email requesting me to take a plant tour. The interview was conducted during the entire tour. It was very laid back, and didn't include any type of "personality" questions. The tour did include another candidate; there is potential for the interview to feel competitive, although, in my situation, we were applying for two different jobs. There was a good deal of sarcasm during the day; I think it was used to weed out anyone who was too uptight. Make sure you can take a joke, and just have fun during the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Because I applied for an intern possition, no negatiations were made.