Mobile County Public School System Interview Questions

Updated May 7, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 13 of over 13 interviews

2.4
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mobile County Public School System

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mobile County Public School System (Rockville, MD) in May 2021

Interview

First is the screening interview for a teaching position before further interviews. This is the initial interview that determines whether you are a good fit for the county. After applying to MCPS about 5- 6 weeks prior, I received an email to sign up for a screening interview. After selecting on the days offered to interview (two days were available with a 9am- 4/5pm time frame). Then I was called about 5 days later to agree on an exact time and was requested that I send my resume. I was given the choice of a phone interview or a googlemeet, and I chose a googlemeet. Positive experience.

Interview Questions
  • Discuss planning and implementing a recent lesson.
    Answer Question

Mobile County Public School System

Application

I interviewed at Mobile County Public School System

Interview

It was very short. I found out they had an opening. I called and was asked to come in the same day. They did not ask many questions, nor seem to concerned with my answers.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mobile County Public School System (Mobile, AL) in Jul 2016

Interview

The interview process was basically asking about previous job experience. They made sure I had enough credit hours for the job before I even started the interview. They told me about the job and what they are looking out of there employees and then I was hired.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Mobile County Public School System (Mobile, AL)

Interview

I went in to check on the status of my application, I was then ask if I was available to work that same day. I responded with a no because I had to make arrangements for my grandbady to be picked up so I couldn't work that day.

Interview Questions
  • Would I be able to work right now or today at all.

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Mobile County Public School System (Mobile, AL) in May 2016

Interview

Applied for opening online using Alabama State Department of Education job website. Eventually called into the school and questioned by peers and in front of peers. Discussed answers and shared teaching portfolio with representatives from school.

Interview Questions
  • How do you handle classroom interruptions?
  • What is the difference between rigorous, advanced, and accelerated curriculum?

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mobile County Public School System (Mobile, AL) in Sep 2015

Interview

It was challenging. with interviewing with Elementary, Middle, and High School that is totally different. If I was able to adjust with these different atmosphere. Was I willing to travel.

Interview Questions
  • How many years working with children, background, and distant willing to travel.

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I interviewed at Mobile County Public School System (Mobile, AL) in Aug 2015

Interview

I interviewed first with principal. Then, I talked with the teacher whose place I would be filling in. She stayed with me all day and showed me how she managed the classroom.The process was easy and relaxed.

Interview Questions
  • How many years did you teach before retiring? Do you think you can handle the middle school age children.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mobile County Public School System (Mobile, AL) in May 2015

Interview

The initial interview process is very tough. To get jobs at a local school, one must interview with the principals. Interviews are easy because there are so many shortages and teachers are needed. So the interview process is just a formality.

Interview Questions
  • How do you differentiate instruction?

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Mobile County Public School System (Mobile, AL) in Jan 2015

Interview

I interviewed with an Assistant Superintendent and the county science supervisor. The Superintendent's office presented a relaxed atmosphere where I was made to feel comfortable. I discussed why I was applying to be a teacher and what my qualifications were. I was told what they planned for me to teach and about the school at which I would be teaching and problems facing that school.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Mobile County Public School System

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Mobile County Public School System

Interview

When interviewing for this position, I was given many scenarios in which I was able to speak from experience and answer. The interview, I felt, went very well because I had experienced everything the interviewers (3) were asking during the internship. Many areas of the assignment were addressed; ie safety, salary, responsibilities, discipline, curriculum, schedules, ratios, CNP, Custodial, Library, teacher units, grants and grant writing, parenting, federal funding...

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Interviews