Mobile County Public School System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mobile County Public School System

Paraprofessional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mobile County Public School System (Mobile, AL) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was basically asking about previous job experience. They made sure I had enough credit hours for the job before I even started the interview. They told me about the job and what they are looking out of there employees and then I was hired.

Teacher Interview

Interview

It was very short. I found out they had an opening. I called and was asked to come in the same day. They did not ask many questions, nor seem to concerned with my answers.

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mobile County Public School System (Mobile, AL) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied for opening online using Alabama State Department of Education job website. Eventually called into the school and questioned by peers and in front of peers. Discussed answers and shared teaching portfolio with representatives from school.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle classroom interruptions?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between rigorous, advanced, and accelerated curriculum?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mobile County Public School System (Mobile, AL) in May 2015.

Interview

The initial interview process is very tough. To get jobs at a local school, one must interview with the principals. Interviews are easy because there are so many shortages and teachers are needed. So the interview process is just a formality.

Interview Questions

• How do you differentiate instruction?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mobile County Public School System.

Interview

When interviewing for this position, I was given many scenarios in which I was able to speak from experience and answer. The interview, I felt, went very well because I had experienced everything the interviewers (3) were asking during the internship. Many areas of the assignment were addressed; ie safety, salary, responsibilities, discipline, curriculum, schedules, ratios, CNP, Custodial, Library, teacher units, grants and grant writing, parenting, federal funding...

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mobile County Public School System (Mobile, AL) in September 2012.

Interview

It was a long day filled with people of all areas of life. No interview. Drug test interviewed in sections according to certification. I have nothing more to say. The interview was located at mcpss home office. The interviewee was confident yet abrupt.

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mobile County Public School System (Mobile, AL) in September 2015.

Interview

It was challenging. with interviewing with Elementary, Middle, and High School that is totally different. If I was able to adjust with these different atmosphere. Was I willing to travel.

Interview Questions

• How many years working with children, background, and distant willing to travel.   1 Answer

Science Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mobile County Public School System (Mobile, AL) in January 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with an Assistant Superintendent and the county science supervisor. The Superintendent's office presented a relaxed atmosphere where I was made to feel comfortable.
    I discussed why I was applying to be a teacher and what my qualifications were. I was told what they planned for me to teach and about the school at which I would be teaching and problems facing that school.

Custodian Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mobile County Public School System (Mobile, AL).

Interview

I went in to check on the status of my application, I was then ask if I was available to work that same day. I responded with a no because I had to make arrangements for my grandbady to be picked up so I couldn't work that day.

Interview Questions

• Would I be able to work right now or today at all.   1 Answer

Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mobile County Public School System (Mobile, AL) in February 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed by a male of the opposite race that I later found out liked women of my profile. he made me feel uncomfortable, I don't know what it was but after working for him for 14 years, I found out a lot.