Mockingbird Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mockingbird Marketing

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mockingbird Marketing (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview process consisted of an initial phone screen after I submitted my resume followed by an in-person interview at the Mockingbird office. Interviewing at Mockingbird was around 2 hours with 3 different employees. Nothing grueling and very comfortable. The majority of the questions they asked were culture-fit questions. Overall it was a very nice experience.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mockingbird Marketing.

Interview

I currently love my job but am looking to grow my talents so I decided to apply for the Marketing Manager position at Mockingbird Marketing. I had a feeling this would either be the same as my current position or a step down but was more interested in negotiating a higher wage or taking an offer back to my current employer to get a raise.

A couple days after applying, I got an email from their hiring manager who set me up with a phone interview with the CEO. I called on time for my interview but was forwarded to voicemail where I was told the CEO was out of office for a week. He later called me as I was on my way back to work.

He was unprofessional throughout the entire interview. He spent most the time putting down my current employer. He would tell me that what we did was wrong and that we didn't actually care about the client. He tried to tell me about our best practices and processes and I would politely correct him because he assumptions were incredibly off. Anytime I corrected him, he would come back at me with, "Trust me, I KNOW how they do business". Well, clearly he doesn't.

A quick google search for the CEO' name or Mockingbird Marketing brings up a thread about how he had scammed a woman for the domain they currently use. I asked him about this incident and his response was to brag about how he has anonymously donated large amounts of money to a donation this woman had started. I'm not sure why they decided to keep using the domain since it brings up a lot of unfavorable information.

In addition, a quick search on linkedin shows that a lot of their current employees are "looking for new opportunities". This advertised directly on their profiles.

A lot of the processes used by Mockingbird are antiquated. I would highly recommend looking for a job elsewhere if you are genuinely interested in learning about marketing!

Interview Questions

Mockingbird Marketing Response

Jun 1, 2017 – CEO

I’m not surprised to hear that you had a tough experience with our interview process. In fact, this isn’t the first time I’ve heard that our interviews are particularly grueling.

And I wouldn’t... More

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mockingbird Marketing (Hartford, CT) in May 2018.

Interview

Very quick, took two days...general interview questions. Lots of other candidates were being interviewed for positions there as well. Company is definitely hiring a lot of people and looking to grow.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mockingbird Marketing (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2019.

Interview

This internship pays less than minimum wage for base pay and cuts your base pay if you make it in commissions for the day. Interviewing process was quick and efficient. Came in for a second interview the next day. Loud music blasting in the room where multiple people were being interviewed and I couldn’t hear what the interviewer was saying at all. They expect a lot from you for basically no guaranteed income. I was clearly uncomfortable with the pay situation and they asked me if I was interested in the position and I said no.

Interview Questions

• What are the pros and cons of direct and indirect marketing?   Answer Question

Intern Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mockingbird Marketing (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2019.

Interview

Two interviews. The first one was a regular interview (1:1) with usual interview questions. The second one was confusing. 15 people interviewing at the same time in the same space. A lot of information was giving to us and we had to take a test right after. I have a feeling that everyone that interviews there gets the job.