Molycorp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Molycorp Interview Questions

2.9

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Molycorp (Henderson, NV) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was easy and quick. There were many general foreman on hand to conduct interviews. Many of the questions were based on previous experience and situations. Interviewers were extremely attentive and took great notes on my personality.

Interview Questions

• Situational scenarios that may or may not happen in the plant   1 Answer

Warehouse Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain Pass, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Molycorp (Mountain Pass, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

panel interview with 3 warehouse workers and HR representative. First the HR rep asks a series of questions, than the supervisor asks their series of questions. Each question is asked to a different applicant and you answer one at a time. In an interview with multiple applicants. It's good because you can create your answer before its actually time to answer.

Interview Questions

• name one time where you lost hope in the workplace, how did you get through that situation?   Answer Question

Maintenance Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain Pass, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Molycorp (Mountain Pass, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Recruiter found my resume online. He emailed the job description and after I looked it over, wishing to apply, he asked me several times, "are you sure that you and your family are up to relocating to a different state"?
    1st interview was over the phone and lasted approximately 20 minutes.
    2nd interview I drove out to Las Vegas, stayed the night (Molycorp paid for/ reimbursed me everything). In the morning met with my future supervisor and Maintenance Manager. Interviews lasted about 20-30 minutes each. Had a brief tour of the plant, only because I also interviewed with the Shift Leader with whom I would be closely working with.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable and skilled I was using SAP, a computer program to create, track and manage work orders and assets.   1 Answer

Operator Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain Pass, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Molycorp (Mountain Pass, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

If being considered for a position at MolyCorp, you must apply online, take an EEI test which includes, math(fractions, next number sequencing, pythagorean therom, a reading aptitute test, an analytical comprehension test that includes watching an animated video of coffee mugs being produced and then questions about issues in the production line must be answered. Also there is a test for mechanical appitude which includes pully calculations, leverage problems, rigging quesitons(fastners, anchors and overhead pully weight). The interview process is different from any other companies, they bring 6-8 people into a conference room, 4 MolyCorp employees ask a series of questions asking you to discribe a certain situation and how you would handle it. Every candidate answers the same quesiton all around the table, each time they start with a different candidate. After 16 questions in relation to a industrial mining operation, mixing, chemicals, lifting, safety and water treatment, they ask questions about theft of company property, how you deal with difficult co workers who are not pulling their load. When your done they walk you out and say they will call with an update on the position. I recieved a call 20 days after interviewing, stating that they were interested in me, however they didnt currently have a position open for me.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been exposed to any type of chemical, if so what type?   1 Answer

Operator Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain Pass, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Molycorp (Mountain Pass, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

had to do physical test while heart checking heart rate , had to do a type of I.Q. test , and a physical exam by a doctor, then an interview with 3 other prospects and 7 members of management .you were directly competing with your competition for the with them sitting right there each person trying to answer the questions better then the other one.

Interview Questions

• If you saw a worker doing something unsafe , would you stop him , report it to supervisor, or act like you didn't see it . and why?   1 Answer
    • what would you say is the biggest accomplishment of your life so far?   1 Answer

Industrial Hygienist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain Pass, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Molycorp (Mountain Pass, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Interviewed on the phone 2 times and them was flown out for a site visit. The mine was shut down for a couple weeks and that postponed the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• I can't recall any specific questions, but rather tell me about your experiences...   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Molycorp (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2015.

Interview

Technical presentation on the project during Phd. All of the department members were there. No questions asked during the presentation though. After that 1 on 1 interview with the boss. Basically I find that the requirement that they want is very different as compared to what I do. I have told the recruiter about this, yet the recruiter insist that I should come to the interview.