Morgan Advanced Materials Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Morgan Advanced Materials

3.2

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Advanced Materials (Hayward, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

They had me come straight in for an in person interview with the Operations Manager after I had met the recruiter at a university career fair. The day after the interview they gave me an offer which was offered for one week. I extended that to 1.5 weeks to be able to compare to other offers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult time when something didn't workout and what was rewarding about it?   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Morgan Advanced Materials.

Interview

Had several interviews with this company. They were very thorough with their questioning. They have a profile they are looking for and it's obvious. Hiring process took several weeks but it was worth it. Good company

Interview Questions

• how I would handle a very large but. difficult customer wanting to pull their business away..   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Advanced Materials (Hayward, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

i first was contacted by the HR Generalist, who was fantastic and we found common language right away.
    i was, then invited to do a group interview on site, with HRG, ops mgr, site mgr and EHS coordinator. that, too, went really well.
    this was followed by another interview with the GM.
    the following week i was asked if i could come meet the national HR. i couldn't. so, we had a very pleasant phone interview, as he's on the east coast and i'm in california.
    overall, this process took about 3 weeks.
    what followed was...........complete and absolute radio silence, although i was told i'd hear back within 2 or 3 weeks.

i reached out several times, and got absolutely nothing. not a returned call, not an email, not a letter, saying "sorry, we went with someone else."

i'm very turned off by the way this candidate experience ended.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Advanced Materials.

Interview

Interview process started with couple standard phone interviews followed by qualitative Q&A assessment and in person interviews with senior leaders in organization. Process was six to eight weeks in total.

Interview Questions

• Describe a strategy project you undertook and how effective it was implemented into the organization.   Answer Question

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Advanced Materials (Hayward, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Total of three interviewer. Phone screening was the first step. In person interview was the second step and questions was to the point about laboratory techniques and skills. Waited about a month before being hired.

Interview Questions

• About my experience in wet chemistry.   1 Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Advanced Materials (Greenville, SC) in December 2015.

Interview

I was very nervous , but when my first manager met me in the lobby , he made sure I was relaxed and ready to have a nice conversation about my qualifications and how I will be a good match for the position.

Interview Questions

• What was not on your resume , that we should know?   1 Answer

Graduate Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Advanced Materials in March 2016.

Interview

On campus interview followed by an online assessment. Interview was on site with the other finalists. Toured the facility, multiple rounds of one on one interviews and one half hour long group interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Morgan Advanced Materials.

Interview

Initial phone interview with human resources, followed by an in person interview with human resources. The next step was an on site interview where I met with both human resources and potential co-workers.

Graduate Engineer Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Morgan Advanced Materials.

Interview

Because of the Visa problem, it did not last long.

Finance Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Advanced Materials (State College, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

The recruiter sent out an email to my college career center with detail about the position. 2 year program. 4 to 5 rotations. Start out at a small plant rotate to bigger site. They provided a very detailed plan for training on soft skills. I applied through campus recruiting and received an email within minutes asking to set up an interview. The first interview was a phone interview with the HR partner. It was a very basic run me through your resume/experience type interview and some questions on tell me about a project in school/work when ... happened. It's very important to have examples of working with difficult peers, leadership, overcoming a problem, when you did something your were not asked to do. After the phone interview, I was required to take an online personality, Intelligence, and reasoning test (not too difficult). For the 2nd interview, I met with the Finance director and HR partner on campus about a week or two later. Here they asked a lot more of the typical behavioral questions like how would your former supervisor or peers describe you. Make a case why you would be a good fit. Tell me about a time you had to adapt quickly. Over all it was very conversational. The people seemed very genuine and really want to help someone fresh out of college get a solid start to their career. I was invited for a 3rd final interview where I would be meeting with GM of one of their plants. (However I received an offer from a bigger company that offered a similar position and needed to make a decision)

Interview Questions

• We are going to implement a new financial system. Are you someone that we can count on? What you're learning curve going to be?   1 Answer

I declined because I got an offer from a bigger company, but I strongly considered this company because of how much they want to help young talent develop.