MoveOn Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MoveOn Interview Questions

Interviews at MoveOn

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MoveOn (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2019.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the HR person, then a case study assignment, then a video conferencing interview with two employees, then a one-hour test, and then a final interview with three employees.

After my final interview, they said I would be hearing about next steps in about a week. After I didn't hear back, I sent the talent manager a follow-up email to see if I was still in the process. There was no response. I sent her a text another week after that, no response. Three weeks after my interview, I checked in with the Campaign Director who had been part of my final interview. I got no response again.

This was a position I really wanted to take on and was anxious to hear back from. So I would have appreciated some sort of response letting me know that they were still considering candidates, or there was a delay, etc. Instead, after three interviews and two assignments, I was left hanging in the dark for five weeks (four weeks after I was told I would hear from them) until I finally got an email saying I was not chosen.

Everyone I spoke to was friendly, had great questions, and were very forthcoming. I don't know why the process didn't reflect the same tone.

Interview Questions

• Choose which campaign MoveOn should take on, write the starting point of a campaign plan, write the first correspondence of the campaign.   1 Answer

Campaign Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MoveOn.

Interview

I applied for a Campaign Director role and was contacted via email to take part in a writing exercise that would take a few hours. I was not called first and I did not have a phone interview. I decided not to complete the assignment. My time is valuable and not getting the courtesy of a phone interview being being asked to write a campaign document that would take several hours I thought was quite rude.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MoveOn (Chicago, IL) in April 2019.

Interview

MoveOn claims to be a progressive organization that works tirelessly to defend workers rights and progressive values , unfortunately their hiring process is the antithesis of this. After filling out screener questions as part of the hiring process, and then a brief interview with their HR person they send you an "assignment". I am ok with all of this but when you ask someone to devote as much as time as I did for this interview process have the decency to them let them know whether or not they got the job or at least some feedback. The HR person did not return any emails after weeks of waiting, I see they posted the job all over again. As a prospective employer you don't have to reply to every request for an update, but when you ask someone to spend hours on an assignment for you, some level of professional courtesy should be adhered to.

Interview Questions

• Which issue do you think MoveOn should develop a campaign around in the next few months
      of 2019   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

I have applied for a couple positions at MoveOn. Both followed the same process: 15 min phone screen with HR with basic questions, then a skills assessment (suggested time 1 hour), then a 45 min panel interview with 2-3 people you would be working alongside, then finally a 45 min interview with the hiring manager. The whole process was organized, thoughtful, and clear.

Interview Questions

• Have you had experience with databases of more than x thousand rows?   Answer Question

Social Media Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MoveOn.

Interview

The interviewer was extremely personable. I never felt uncomfortable or grilled. Talked more about the company than how asked questions. Made me feel like I was a good candidate the entire time, even if I wasn't at the top of the list.

Interview Questions

• What is something from your past work experience that can contribute to MoveOn   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied online and was sent a 2 hour assignment which included writing some simple SQL queries and answering a couple questions about a dataset. Seeing as the job description only mentioned R, seems like it would have made sense to ask for that instead? The assignment was easy but I got an automated response saying I would no longer be considered. Overall, not a positive experience as I was actually interested in the job and would have preferred to actually talk to someone or get feedback if I'm going to spend time on an assignment. Hiring process seems very incompetent/lacking courtesy.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a data analysis project you've worked on   Answer Question

Media Relations Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MoveOn (New York, NY).

Interview

Perhaps the worst organization I've ever interviewed with. I spoke with the HR woman as well as the head of the team, and then they asked me to take a SIX HOUR long written test - included writing a draft memo/strategy doc, a draft oped (600 words), a sample press release, social media posts, etc. After I completed this, I got NO ANSWER. It's one thing to tell me that I wasn't the right fit, but to ask someone to invest so much time and effort for a position and not respond at all shows truly horrendous hiring skills and appalling people skills. I've learned never to agree to such extensive tests for interviews.

Interview Questions

• Assume that MoveOn members are fired up about fighting income inequality. Write an internal strategy memo that puts forth your recommendation for the media and messaging strategy MoveOn should adopt in this fight.

Write a ~600 word op­ed or blog post making the case for a higher minimum wage,   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at MoveOn (Austin, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

Very informal. They, of course, want to talk about your qualifications but more than that they are looking for a personality match. After a few of the more formal questions, a fair amount of time was spent socializing and getting to know one another.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer posed a scenario question dealing with an unruly contact. It wasn't particularly difficult, but those questions always seem to fluster me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None, really. After a few months I was able to telecommute, which was nice. Office hours are irrelevant when your business crosses several time zones.

Campaign Support Engineer Interview

Interview

30 minute q/a.
    very informal and relaxed which is great to build trust.
    meeting took place over google hangouts.
    both interviewers were great people.
    i would recommend anyone to work with them.

note... interview outcome section in this review was required but not applicable in my scenario.