NAWC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NAWC Interview Questions

Interviews at NAWC

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Ventura, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NAWC (Ventura, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Literally not a single technical question, just all "what's you greatest strength and weakness" type questions. All HR questions. Some groups will ask about previous projects you have worked on just to make sure you can backup your resume experience. Basically they are looking for "normal" people who will work well with others, willing to learn, do new things, and won't leave after 1-2 years. Spoilers: You likely will.

Anonymous Employee in Ventura, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NAWC (Ventura, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

I heard from in a job fair from my school, I had a follow up interview at the school a few days later, afterwards i did a site visit and continued the long application process

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NAWC (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Went to career fair at university. Gave them my resume and told them my GPA & major & skills and got scheduled for an on-campus interview the next day.

Went to interview one on one with the recruiter, who asked me a bunch of behavioral questions as well as very high level questions concerning my relevant experience on my resume (ie, describe one thing you worked on at this place, what was a challenge you overcame at this place, etc) as he typed my answers in on his computer. I asked and he said that the process would be that he would submit my answers online through some electronic form to his superiors, which he said they would make the final decision.

That is, the person interviewing me really had no say in whether or not I would be hired or not - some big boss somewhere would look at my resume & transcript & some document consisting of questions and answers that I 'typed/said' in.

Afterwards I later got a call from HR and then an email specifying I've been selected for a multi-site visit (they have multiple sites) as sponsored by persons departments X and Y at the respective sites. I assumed this would be the in-person interview step, but it was literally just a tour of their facilities - after the site visit, I later got a call saying I got the job (which I accepted), which I accepted and had to do a bunch of paperwork, send my official transcripts in and wait a bit before I could start the job. You might have an in-person interview depending on which department is trying to hire you.

Mathematician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NAWC.

Interview

They asked why I was interested in data science and algorithm development. It was a multiple person interview and we all went around the conference table discussing our qualifications and interests. No whiteboarding or coding.

Aerospace Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NAWC (Pomona, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Navair came to my university/college for a job fair and information session where I expressed my interest in working for them. I spoke with many of the engineers there and handed them my resume. I got a phone call the same afternoon for an on-campus interview for an entry level engineer position in materials the next day. This was my first engineering interview ever and I tried to prepare as much as I can the night before. The interview was scheduled for 30 mins but we talked for 45 mins which included about 4 behavioral and interest questions. After that I had the chance to ask the engineer questions to show that I was interested in the position. At the end, I asked the interviewer about who to contact and when I will find out about my results. The interviewer sort of rejected, in a nice way, to give contact info and told me that I was more fit in another subsystem and that he would send my interview notes to that hiring manager. I never got a call after that on whether I was accepted or rejected which made me lost interest in working for them.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Patuxent River, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NAWC (Patuxent River, MD) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied online and received a message through email where I was asked to come on site,
    This a full day onsite interview with Senior manager and a lead engineer,
    They asked questions about my past work and then talked about my achievements.
    Finally, I was taken for lunch with another manager and lead engineer. I then joined the group discussion with the team and met the entire group. I also visited labs.
    By evening before I was leaving a verbal offer was given by the senior manager which I accepted. The written offer is yet to come

Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NAWC (San Diego, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Straight forward interview with two engineers. Behavioral questions for the most part. A few technical questions. Know the difference between stress and strain. Also be able to name at least one material property (i.e. Young's Modulus)

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NAWC.

Interview

I had one interview on the phone.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cal Poly University, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NAWC (Cal Poly University, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

very casual, behavioral questions based, no technical. Most of the questions was about my personality, strength. She also ask about my courses and projects that i involved in. Also, how do i know about NAWC and why i want to work for them

Physicist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NAWC (Santa Barbara, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I met the recruiters at my college career faire, met the guy and he gave me an invite to an info session for after the faire. Went to that and showed enough interest they gave me an interview for the next day. Put on a suit and sent them my resume, showed up and had a pretty average interview. He then passed me to the next round which was an onsite interview where they provided a car and hotel stay. Put on a suit again and a few weeks later I was at Naval Base Ventura County getting escorted around in a government vehicle to meet the scientists, Phd's, supervisors, and technicians that make up the work force. A lot of them were involved with the military in one way or another and were really chill. The on site lasted the entire day and I got lunch with who would turn out to be my supervisor and her supervisor.

At the end, the guy goes "Hey take the good news home and tell your family and friends you have a job if you want it!"

First offer I got out of college, sped away in the rental convertible at 100.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us about a project that you've worked on?   1 Answer