National Urban League Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Urban League Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.4

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Urban League.

Interview

The interview was very straight forward. You primarily talk through your resume and explain why you find this experience beneficial. Because the positions are based around policy and social change it is important to be well-versed in the history of the organization

Interview Questions

• What social change would you like to make in this world? How can we help?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Urban League (Southfield, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

Give your resume on-line come in for a interview . Telling what time of assignments you would prefer. The shift you would be able to work. If you have transportation.

Interview Questions

• Job preferred , time prefer, hours, and what locations are you able to get to without any problems.   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Urban League (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

It was very detailed. I enjoyed the line of questions. They helped me understand my future role. The Hiring Manager emailed me the steps of the interviewing process. I was surprised that I needed to complete a file review but understood that there was government funds involved so paperwork was key to keeping the funding.

Interview Questions

• If I were give a budget of $25,000 what would I do with it?   1 Answer

Workforce Development Interview

Interview

Interestingly enough, I felt unwelcome as soon as I stepped foot in the interview. Moreover, the questions asked by the interviewer seemed to be intended to steer me away from the position. I was taken aback with the overall tone of the interview. As a POC, who grew up in a predominantly Black/Latino community, it was both off putting and offensive that the interviewers ( who happened to be Caucasian) without warranting, questioned my authenticity and intent.

Needless to say I was not impressed and accepted another offer elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Are you sure this is the place for you?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Urban League (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received automatic notification. Few weeks later, received email to schedule an interview. I conducted an interview over the phone and received notification that I was selected for the job 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about about your position at [insert company name]?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Urban League.

Interview

I was called on for an interview with the department head of the internship I was applying for. He asked me a few questions then another employee came in and asked me more questions. The questions were normal interview questions. Afterwards I received a tour of the building, which I appreciated.

All Positions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Urban League (Madison, WI) in October 2014.

Interview

The Urban League has a lengthy interview process.
    1. Phone Interview
    2. Group Interview
    3. Project in the community or simulation activity
    4. Panel interview with leadership and hiring manager
    5. Panel interview with staff
    6. Panel interview with Urban League members

The questions were not out of the ordinary, but it was a lot of work so that they can be sure they find a good fit for the team.

Veteran Services Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at National Urban League (Dallas, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

Director choose person after reviewing resume. A team of 5 interview, grading process for final. HR contact final candidates for further processing. Drug testing, meeting the team. Start date was 2 weeks later. Orentation 2 weeks,begin reading policy and procedures. Assigned security badge, meeting for introduction to entire staff.

Interview Questions

• What are you 5 tear goal What make you the best person for this job.   1 Answer

General Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Urban League (Boston, MA) in May 2011.

Interview

Applied by word of mouth, met with a recruiter, gave an over view of my work experiences through out Mass. after which was assigned to maintenance details, a church, which lasted approx. 1 year, general maintenance at a private elementary school 31/2 yrs. last assignment general maintenance for local business approx. 1 month.

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National Urban League (Springfield, IL) in June 2010.

Interview

Pleasant employees; Relaxed atmosphere; supportive company with decent benefits; given plenty of opportunity to discuss position and ask questions; treated with courtesy and respect; down to earth individuals; overall very nice experience.

Interview Questions

• I do not recall any difficult or unexpected questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation