Neogen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 12, 2017

2.7

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Neogen (Lansing, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with five different managers for about two hours total. Four were fine, one accused me of lying because of one mistake on my resume. Waited two weeks and heard nothing. It wasn't clear whether the position was filled or simply closed without hiring. Overall a poor experience.

Interview Questions

• Why have you had two jobs over the last year?   1 Answer

Associate Technical Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Neogen (Lansing, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted from a list of candidates they had kept from the year before. Took some weeks to arrange an in-person interview. The in-person interview took around 4 hours since I had to meet with 6 people separately. The last person supposed to meet with me cancelled last minute.
    The company never reached out again after the interview, even after I tried to contact them.

Interview Questions

• What was your experience working with customer service in the past?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Neogen in February 2017.

Interview

Got called directly by the hiring manager. They called me 15 minutes after the scheduled time and 5 minutes into the interview I was told that they were going to have to call me back in 5 minutes. They were dismissive, rude, and never called back. I now understand why they have so many negative reviews on here.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Neogen (Lincoln, NE).

Interview

I got called for an interview about a month after I applied. The interview was with 4 managers, and each asked a few questions. The questions were mostly about my resume and experience with different equipment, and they also asked a few random questions about hobbies, etc. It took about another month to get an offer, and I started about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather be good at a few things, or exceptional at one thing.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered my the position over the phone and then sent a packet with information about benefits, pay, etc.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Neogen (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. Process was good. It was super easy and I really enjoyed it. I live away and they worked with me on time for my phone interview and also my face to face interview. The questions were easy and right to the point. I felt the interviewee was knowledgeable about the position and I felt confident that she knew what she was talking about. If given the chance it is worth interviewing with their company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Neogen (Lincoln, NE) in December 2015.

Interview

An in depth professional process with 6 different people. The process was held over 2 days with site interviews at working location and corporate headquarters. All participants were courteous, accommodating professional and were easy to converse with. Each person was an executive within the corporation and led the discussions pertinent to their field of expertise.

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to relocate?   1 Answer

Production Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Neogen (Lansing, MI) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter to conduct a short phone interview which went well. Afterward was told to wait a few days to see if they wanted to continue the interview process. Was contacted shortly after and brought in for an in-person interview with three other supervisors, which went well. Brought in for a final interview and job offer and everything went well.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know if I would be willing to work overtime and weekends.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Neogen (West Lafayette, IN) in October 2015.

Interview

First I introduced myself in a way explaining how my experiences and background match this job. And they asked something about my lab experience (they need sale representative know how to use their product, some biology lab experience is preferred). They were like waiting for you to talk more rather than questioning you. Both of the recruiters are nice and young.

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Neogen (Lansing, MI).

Interview

I applied to the position online through the Neogen website. Approximately 10 days later I received an email from the Research Leader looking to set up a time for a phone interview the following week. The phone interview was brief and mainly consisted of questions regarding my experience with my current employer. The day after the phone interview I received an email from the Senior Research Scientist regarding an on-site interview the following week. The on-site interview was 3 hours long which included a tour of the facility and a series of 4 interviews with the Research Leader, 2 Senior Research Scientists, and HR. The interviews with the Research Leader and Research Scientists were mainly concerning my technical experience with my current employer. The interview with HR was about the benefits that the company offers. Each interview was approximately 30-45 minutes followed by an extensive tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mainly about my resume and experience with my current employer. There were no behavioral/STAR questions.   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Neogen.

Interview

Phone interview, in person interview with direct manager and their manager. Takes a few months sometimes to get hired because they want to hire you after the first of their fiscal year so they don't have to start all of your benefits during the next enrollment period. It's another way that they find a way to save money. Look at your environment when you get an interview. See if you want to work in this conditions.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would persuade me to purchase any product that you've sold in the past when comparing it to a customer.   Answer Question