New York Police Department Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York Police Department Interview Questions

Updated Dec 24, 2017

2.7

Police Officer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at New York Police Department.

Interview

The inexperienced, fresh out of college "psychologists" are absolutely atrocious at what they do. They omit their e-mail address and purposely shut their phone-lines down by never answering the phones whenever they are getting too many calls. One psychologist even shot her husband in the head and yet that type of useless garbage is conducting the oral psychological...? The nypd can't even deny some candidates and try their best not to give a psychological dq since the nypd knows it will lose in court. The entire psychological department needs to be purged, it did not just begin with Archibald.

Interview Questions

• Were you ever in a relationship? With a guy or girl?   1 Answer

Police Detective Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warwick, RI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at New York Police Department (Warwick, RI) in September 2017.

Interview

Brief with questions. With where did you hear from us and how did you hear from us? Where did you go to school and do you have a diploma in what major? I replied that i have plenty of college background with transcript in Office Administration.

Interview Questions

• Was i ever a police officer? I am a long time ago Beat Cop, who used to walk a perimeter and i regretfully never got paid, by which my uniform and equipment were stolen from me before i could even see it.   1 Answer

Auxilary Officer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Police Department.

Interview

Get in contact with your local auxiliary precinct coordinator. Fill application and follow up constantly. Doctor Physical and form to get filled. Interview with 5 different people at the same time, but easy questions and short for me at-least. Waiting on finger printing call next week. Everyone did good is what the coordinator said, he was present but not one of the interviewer. Overall good experience and good luck.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Auxiliary?   1 Answer
    • What make you qualified/ skills you have?   1 Answer
    • What is the minimum hours you are required to do every month?   1 Answer
    • Tuesday afternoon/ Are you free Tuesday evenings?   1 Answer
    • Any outstanding tickets or offenses?   1 Answer

Cadet Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Need to be dedicated to the process. It can take up to a year and involves waking up early many times for a variety of interviews/assessments. Always make sure you're clean shaven and dressed in business attire throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• A variety of things, just be honest and you should be fine.   Answer Question

Police Officer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New York Police Department.

Interview

I took the exam in January, I got the score as soon as I finished the exam. But, it's really a long wait. They just emailed me saying that I'm qualified for the interview, prepare the documents, interview information will be emailed AFTER I get another notice about my test (# and score).

Interview Questions

• Make sure to do the practice exams. You just have to be familiar with the exam. Nothing crazy is going to be on it.   Answer Question

Police Communications Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

First the civil service exam, you must pass. You will receive a letter in the mail regarding a interview date , the Initial interview will be with all others who passed the exam. Expect to be there all day with no eating, if you pass you will then be scheduled for a medical exam which includes a vision, hearing, eye and ekg exam . After the medical you will be scheduled for a psych exam (1 written and 1 oral) where you will sit with a psychologist ..prior to the psych exam you will be assigned to an officer who will be helping with the nesassary paper work

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a police communications technician ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

civil service exam , then you get assign a list number, you need to pass a physical test where you run an obstacles course in the police academy, then you go on several interviews

Police Communications Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at New York Police Department (New York, NY).

Interview

Must take the civil service exam through DCAS and pass in order to be eligible for hiring. You are called in a large group with other eligible candidates according to your list number. You fill out work history information before being interviewed by hiring personnel. If you pass the initial interview, you go through medical screening, background investigation, and a psychological evaluation before getting hired.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel this job is right for you?   4 Answers

Police Cadet Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at New York Police Department (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Same a Police Officer. They are hiring a lot of cadets as of 2016 great time to apple almost everybody is getting on. When demand is high, hiring becomes easier. A lot of sittin arou and clerk work on the job but guranteed officer job upon graduation.

Interview Questions

• Same process is a police officer.   1 Answer

Police Detective Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at New York Police Department (New York, NY).

Interview

Short and to the point. You must fit in depending on the assignment. The hours can be very demanding . Most times your working a lot of overtime . Most times the job doesn't care about your family life .

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions on Integrity   1 Answer

Negotiation

The hiring process was simple . Either you wanted the job or not. You are usually interviewed by a panel of NYPD Captains and Inspectors or higher .