New York Police Department Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York Police Department Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2017

2.8

Police Officer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New York Police Department.

Interview

I took the exam in January, I got the score as soon as I finished the exam. But, it's really a long wait. They just emailed me saying that I'm qualified for the interview, prepare the documents, interview information will be emailed AFTER I get another notice about my test (# and score).

Interview Questions

• Make sure to do the practice exams. You just have to be familiar with the exam. Nothing crazy is going to be on it.   Answer Question

Police Communications Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

First the civil service exam, you must pass. You will receive a letter in the mail regarding a interview date , the Initial interview will be with all others who passed the exam. Expect to be there all day with no eating, if you pass you will then be scheduled for a medical exam which includes a vision, hearing, eye and ekg exam . After the medical you will be scheduled for a psych exam (1 written and 1 oral) where you will sit with a psychologist ..prior to the psych exam you will be assigned to an officer who will be helping with the nesassary paper work

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a police communications technician ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

civil service exam , then you get assign a list number, you need to pass a physical test where you run an obstacles course in the police academy, then you go on several interviews

Police Communications Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at New York Police Department (New York, NY).

Interview

Must take the civil service exam through DCAS and pass in order to be eligible for hiring. You are called in a large group with other eligible candidates according to your list number. You fill out work history information before being interviewed by hiring personnel. If you pass the initial interview, you go through medical screening, background investigation, and a psychological evaluation before getting hired.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel this job is right for you?   4 Answers

Police Cadet Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at New York Police Department (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Same a Police Officer. They are hiring a lot of cadets as of 2016 great time to apple almost everybody is getting on. When demand is high, hiring becomes easier. A lot of sittin arou and clerk work on the job but guranteed officer job upon graduation.

Interview Questions

• Same process is a police officer.   1 Answer

Police Detective Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at New York Police Department (New York, NY).

Interview

Short and to the point. You must fit in depending on the assignment. The hours can be very demanding . Most times your working a lot of overtime . Most times the job doesn't care about your family life .

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions on Integrity   1 Answer

Negotiation

The hiring process was simple . Either you wanted the job or not. You are usually interviewed by a panel of NYPD Captains and Inspectors or higher .

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at New York Police Department (New York, NY).

Interview

Civil service test. Back ground check
    Psychological interview. The interview is done by an NYPD investigator who is assigned to the applicant. An applicant investigator. The psychological interview is based on a psychological multiple choice test and one on one oral interview. Anything discovered during this process has to be explained by the applicant

Interview Questions

• General questions on a test and oral questions based on your answers on the test   1 Answer

Criminalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at New York Police Department (New York, NY).

Interview

Three-person panel interview with managers and supervisors that included a written and an oral section, followed by a lab tour. After the initial interview there was a drug screening (hair test) and background check. Both of these were done in person by NYPD personnell7 and required gathering extensive information and documentation (i.e. tax documents)

Police Administrative Aide Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Police Department.

Interview

Interacting with the criminal justice and other court system personnel to arraign the court case.
    maintaining and control all police records and answering dispatch call to sector calls and answering
    the public call for the police department.

Police Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at New York Police Department.

Interview

done in phases over 3-6 months depending on the budget and how many cops they plan to hire. You will be caontaced by mail or phone to show up at Lefrak City in queens for a medical, if you pass that maybe a month later they will send you to manhattan to take the agility test or psyc test. you will have to go to your back ground investigator in brooklyn to do fingerprints and bring your diplomas and paperwork. maybe 6 weeks later they will send you to lefrak for another mini medical before they hire. usually the academy is in july or jan. it goes for about 4-6 months.

Interview Questions

• any felonies?
      you have 60 college credits of 4 years active duty with honorable discharge?
      can you speak English and write on a high school level?
      Answer Question