Nextag Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nextag Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2017

3.1

Interview

Phone interview and on site interview twice

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Nextag (San Mateo, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Phone screen first, then two rounds of in person interviews. Pretty informal overall but it gave a good chance to get to know several people on the team. There was good follow up by the HR team.

Interview Questions

• They asked for references and actually checked all of them.   1 Answer

Business Development Interview

Interview

Met many folks from around the company and thought that they were friendly and nice. They clearly enjoyed their work and loved the projects they were working on. There were some open questions about the path forward and what they would collectively drive towards in terms of a strategy

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite vegetable?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nextag (San Mateo, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

A fantastic company that provided all the details of the different departments to give a good idea of each job description. A lot of new initiatives being offered and a lot of opportunity.

Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nextag (San Mateo, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Pretty quick, a few analytical questions with a director of the company. The interview lasted about t2o hours with ample time to answer the questions. Pleasant guy who would eventually become my boss's boss. Actually surprised it worked out since I did not think I had done great at answeirng the questions.

Interview Questions

• Be able to project some revenue numbers based on some assumptions   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated a bit more salary, nothing else

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nextag (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

The hiring manager was new to his job did a poor job of explaining the position and asking the right questions

Interview Questions

• typical engineering questios : how many golf ball in a football field   1 Answer
    • 25 horse no metering device decide which ones fasters in the quick possible way   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nextag (San Mateo, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

Got a call from a recruiter. I had never heard of the company before - surprising, since they've been around for so long. Made it through the screen and joined for an in person interview a week or so later. That meeting went well and I was called back for a second interview with director and VPs. The group seemed fairly competent, but you could tell they did not have much experience with product management with a very small product management team.

I did not meet with the rest of the product management team, who would become my peers, which struck me as odd. In retrospect, it was like they were trying to hide something. Interview room was a total dump, office was a dump (I hear they've since moved), which I should have taken as a sign that they do not reinvest in the employees and company. Profits are milked from the cash cow by senior management and investors.

Interview questions were fine. "Describe how you would prioritize projects", "Describe how you do feature tests on the site", "What type of testing are you familiar with".

Interview Questions

• Describe the software management lifecycle process   Answer Question
    • what type of testing are you familiar with?   1 Answer
    • how do you prioritize projects?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I tried unsuccessfully to negotiate salary and stock increases. All in all, the offer was close to fair so I settled.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I interviewed at Nextag (San Mateo, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

Contacted them through craigslist, got a technical phone screen and then an in person interview. No lunch was provided. Went through 4 interviewers, one who asked no technical questions and one who asked only technical questions. Afterwards, was called back for a second interview with the VP and SVP at the time. I was given the job on the spot, at higher than my asking price.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for too little.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nextag (San Mateo, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 people: senior engineer, principal engineer and the director.
    All of them asked about previous job experience.
    Then they asked some brain teaser and technical questions.
    All the technical questions were database related:
    *) what type of indexing needed for a search engine
    *) what type of indexing needed to store words for spell checker

My only gripe about this interview was the engineers sometimes did not explain
    the problem very clearly. When I asked for more details, their hints were not helpful.

Interview Questions

• Write a SQL command that returns users' order history and the total cost of each order including shipping. There are 3 tables: users table, orders table, order details table.   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nextag (San Mateo, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

The recruiter found my resume online and contacted me for a Software Engineer position. We just exchanged emails and the recruiter sent me an online programming test to solve. It was a problem to find the number of perfect shuffles required to return the deck to its original order given a deck of nCards and cutting iCut number of cards from the top. I wrote the program in java and sent over the solution. After that I did not hear back from them. I thought I did pretty well. But overall, a nice experience.

Interview Questions

• Write a programming test to solve a perfect card shuffle problem   Answer Question