Nichia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nichia Interview Questions

3.4

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nichia.

Interview

3 step interview process. The first was on the phone with HR. They first try to see if you're a good fit for the company and position. The second interview was also on the phone but with the sales manager. This is a more technical interview. They try to get a better feel for you as a person. The third interview is on sight. You take a 30 minute math test, give a presentation in front of the managers and then have another short interview with the managers.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Nichia (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

I was given an employee referral (College friend), this began my application process. After this, I performed two phone interviews: one with HR, and one with the General sales manager. Finally, I was given an in person interview, consisting of; a math test, a mock presentation, and an oral interview. After a short time I was contacted with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not have to negotiate with the company, I requested 60K/yr base salary and I was given this in their offer.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nichia (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

I submitted my resume and was contacted by HR within 2 days. The initial interview (via phone) was with an HR representative and lasted 1.5 hours. She was a very professional and cordial person. The second interview was also a phone interview but this time it was with the hiring manager. The interview lasted about a half hour. It was more of a getting to know you interview. The last interview was on site and lasted about 2 hours. I had to give a 10 minute technical presentation and 1/2 hour math test. The math test was made up of some basic math questions and word problems. The rest of the time was devoted to the panel interview.

I would have given the whole interview process with Nichia a thumbs up if it wasn't for one of the interviewers who I found to be condescending, rude and very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Process is as follows.

1. Phone screen
    2. Phone Interview
    3. In person

Interview Questions

• if you could sell the greatest invention or invent it which would it be?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hsinchu (Taiwan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nichia (Hsinchu (Taiwan)) in March 2012.

Interview

You will be required to talk to managers in Japanese cause Nichia is a Japanese company. All the sales or sales assistance have to communicate with staffs in the HQ in Japanese but not in English.
    They won't have many questions but you have to show how much you know about this company and your passion for the job.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to be a sales.   1 Answer

LED Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nichia in March 2010.

Interview

Very frustrated after the initial interview, felt like I wasted alot of time. I have an engineering background, but it appeared they were looking for more of an Electrical Engineer which I wasn't. Products can be taught, and they dont seem to understand that.

Interview Questions

• What do you enjoy about sales the most?   1 Answer