Northern Virginia Family Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northern Virginia Family Service Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Northern Virginia Family Service

Workforce Development Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northern Virginia Family Service in September 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a woman that seemed very interested in my resume. It seemed to go well, until I didn't have an update for about a month. I decided to ask about the status of my interview and decision and did not get a response until a day after I saw the same position listed under volunteer work. Keep in mind, I didn't apply for a volunteer position. All of the sudden the woman DECIDED to respond to me and tell me that have chosen another candidate. Well, Im sure they actually found a volunteer instead of someone to get paid for the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Northern Virginia Family Service.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone, and it was very brief. The second interview was a face-to-face interview...more of a Q&A. The third was a mock training interview where the interviewers posed as trainees, and I was the trainer. The 2nd and 3rd interviews were more of a panel/ group style.

Interview Questions

• What was my worst/ least favorite subject in school? Why? How did I make it through that subject?   Answer Question

Nutritionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakton, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Northern Virginia Family Service (Oakton, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

3 part process. One 1:1, one management interview, and one group interview with a parent. Each round took over 1 work week to hear back from. I felt like the process was very drawn out, but interviewing was around the holidays so it was harder to fit it in with their schedule.

Interview Questions

• How do you intend to work with the amount of diversity our program has?   Answer Question

Mental Health Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northern Virginia Family Service (Falls Church, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

It took too long to be hired after the initial interview. I wish they had asked me better questions to determine ahead of time that I had all of the qualifications they were looking for because I applied for one position and they offered me another one which they then accused me of not being well-prepared enough for. I think if they had approached the interviewing process in a more organized way (i.e. determining ahead of time that I did not have the qualifications they were looking for in the initial position I was applying for), it would have saved a lot of wasted time and money.

Interview Questions

• Our clients oftentimes become disassociative, how would you react to this?   Answer Question

Training Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northern Virginia Family Service (McLean, VA) in January 2014.

Interview

Apply via email. Be aware you may not get a response for at least 3 months.

Interview Questions

• None. They were a host of questions and some irrelevant.   Answer Question